If you could sit down with any American president...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
John Adams and/or Jefferson to find out why they didn't make slavery against the law originally. One of the worst decisions the founding fathers made. Adams caved to Jefferson. Just to note I'm a southerner to the core and don't find much of use of things above the M-D line but wrong is wrong.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would be good to ask Jefferson how he wrote "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." with a straight face whilst owning 200 or more slaves.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jimmy Carter, so I could ask him why the fawk he continues to embarrass us to this day! :nolike:

Actually I'd only do the above if I could also pimp slap him. Otherwise, it would be Washington or Teddy, as others have mentioned.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna choose Obama. Yall may think I'm a fan of his, however, I'd be up his azz on this healthcare issue. And why the hell aint Gitmo closed and give me a good reason why we are still in Afghanistan. And i don't think the pipeline is that big of a deal. And do something about these companies shipping jobs overseas. Tell me about Bengazi. Plus I wanna see a dead Bin Laden. And make the video public.

And I'd be sure to thank him for giving me a little hope, dumb SOB and to think I voted for him twice, although he was a better choice.

No matter who the GOP candidate was during both his Bammy's elections I don't understand how any one, with a straight face, can still justify them voting for Bammy twice saying he was the better candidate. You gotta be freakin kidding me, right? You got your "change" you wanted, twice, don't be so bitter about it now.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No matter who the GOP candidate was during both his Bammy's elections I don't understand how any one, with a straight face, can still justify them voting for Bammy twice saying he was the better candidate. You gotta be freakin kidding me, right? You got your "change" you wanted, twice, don't be so bitter about it now.

Yes it's a very bitter pill. I'm just glad we'll never have to consider going back and talking to any President named Palin or Romney. Now I'll swallow that bitter pill.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Teddy Roosevelt. True outdoorsman. We wouldn't talk politics. We'd talk nature, animals, and safaris with a little war thrown in. For me, the most interesting president.

This ^^^^ for the exact same reasons. Years ago I got one of his books related to his hunting adventures. I was a thick book and very interesting to say the least. I actually need to find it so I can finish the last hundred pages or so.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John Adams and/or Jefferson to find out why they didn't make slavery against the law originally. One of the worst decisions the founding fathers made. Adams caved to Jefferson. Just to note I'm a southerner to the core and don't find much of use of things above the M-D line but wrong is wrong.

Article. VII.

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same.

They couldn't have gotten nine States to approve if slavery had been outlawed. Jefferson wrote of his disappointment in that compromise, and his hope that it would someday be rectified, but even at the founding, political expediency was a consideration.

For the record, I consider Article V to be the genius of the whole matter. Yes, the Constitution is a living document, always subject to being further perfected...and Article V is its beating heart. Article V allows us to correct the mistakes of the past. Article V allows us to move forward into the future.

For those unaware:
US Constitution said:
Article. V.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom