If you don't like the prices in the classifieds, just wait a few months.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was sitting at the range at the range and someone offered me $1500 for a base model AR I was shooting it would be sold! How is that gouging? We're not Talking commodities here. It's simple supply and demand. If laws are passed that restrict the manufacturing of 30rnd AR mags the market value will continue rise as long as people continue to pay for them. An antique store sells items is that aren't made anymore for multiple times more than they sold for new. It's not gouging, it's what the item is worth to the person who is buying it. I hate antiques! I grew up with old stuff, now I want the new stuff! So most of it isn't worth anything to me. I've got plenty of pmags so there not worth $50 each to me but it they are to a lot of people right now. I commend the guys that are keeping there prices low right now, but understand most of what they sell is probably being resold for a profit. I don't knock the businesses who have raised there prices either. I would rather see the guy who has been selling these items for years at very minimal profit margin be able to make more for the time being than see fly by night people trying to jump into the business for some fast money and then be gone. Probably 80% of items being bought now at pre inflated pricing is being resold at current prices. It sucks for the loyal Shooting hobbiest but that's where the market is and until people won't pay the price they will continue to sell.

Bottom line. Every business is selling something for a profit to be successful. How much profit is determined buy the buyer not the seller! If no one will pay the price the business will lower there price or not succeed!

Razorback01

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry its not the same thing too me, gold is natural inflation, gun inflation is based off the threat of a ban. Second this is a local forum and like people mentioned people are trying to take advantage of others on this forum. I say at least have 250 posts before you post an ad or can create a thread.

I really hope this all blows over and prices adjust back to near normal, but I think something big is going to happen...

Second point is a good way to discourage new and active memberships, like myself. I hate the prices and unavailability of everything as much as the next guy, but as long as people keep buying everything at rediculous prices, it's not going to change. When the moron buyers run out of money, the prices will return to normal as has been stated.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I look at it like this. Why would I pay post ban prices on non-banned items? When you're asking $60 for a $12 mag, it's profiteering from fear. That's not a natural course in pricing. It's really pretty simple for me. Post your $60 mags on Gunbroker or Armslist and have a ball! But OSA is supposed to be a community. You don't **** where you eat!

Every time I see a price gouging classified on OSA, I put that user on my ignore list. That way I'll always know they tried to take advantage of our community and I'll not be doing business with them, ever. Nuff said!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry its not the same thing too me, gold is natural inflation, gun inflation is based off the threat of a ban. Second this is a local forum and like people mentioned people are trying to take advantage of others on this forum. I say at least have 250 posts before you post an ad or can create a thread.

I really hope this all blows over and prices adjust back to near normal, but I think something big is going to happen...

There have been soooo many worthless/frivolous threads lately that I'm thinking about taking a break from OSA until this newbness dies down.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the price gouging going on here on OSA and I am dissapointed !!
Hipshots gun's and BP Outfitters are NOT raising prices on our stuff, But we have sold out of almost everything that could be on the ''banned list'' .
I hope we can keep ordering guns and accessories at our regular prices so we don't have to go up on prices to our customers!

Latest posts

Top Bottom