If you own a Rare Breed Trigger, you may be a felon...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if this is because they considered are "readily convertible"? Seems like if you remove whatever part is forcing it to reset, it would then be fully auto? That's a question, not a statement...

I'm not an engineer, but I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works.

The reset is caused by a hump on the trigger itself. The locking mechanism in the rear locks the trigger while the bolt is in motion, preventing an out of battery trigger pull. If you remove the spring loaded tab in the rear you'd just get hammer follows and have a single shot rifle.

1643444527155.png

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if this is because they considered are "readily convertible"? Seems like if you remove whatever part is forcing it to reset, it would then be fully auto? That's a question, not a statement...

No, they used the same justification for banning bump-stocks, that with the right amount of pressure it counts as a single function regardless of the fact that the trigger goes through a reset and pull each time. They are using a legal process that is allowed when a law is not 100% clear on definitions to forward this claim, specifically what qualifies as a "function". The problem is (and why they will lose in court) that the NFA was quite clear on what constitutes a machine gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom