If you're the praying type . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TC54

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunate update on mom. I'll be surprised if she makes it through this week.

She's been on some very heavy pain meds (including morphine as of a week ago) for a few weeks now and is going downhill fast.

My two brothers, our dad, our families and I have been preparing ourselves for this and are ready for her pain to go away. I've been trying to distract myself from everything, but man is it hard.
Lifting you and your family up in prayers.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Done!
I know exactly what you are going through, my mother has battled cancer on and off for 30 years. Just recently went through it again but this time the treatment has left her very frail and almost killed her. Shes 85 and the treatment was almost as bad as the cancer.
The impacts on her body from the treatment and overall lack of improvement lead to her no longer wanting to go through them. She's choosing to go out on her own terms and is just ready for the pain to end. She has been very adamant about not dying in a hospital.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The impacts on her body from the treatment and overall lack of improvement lead to her no longer wanting to go through them. She's choosing to go out on her own terms and is just ready for the pain to end. She has been very adamant about not dying in a hospital.
This bring tears to my eyes, because it was my Dad’s attitude and wish too.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hospice is a great option. People can pass in their own home or some prefer a designated hospice house. Prayers sent. 🙏

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hospice is a great option. People can pass in their own home or some prefer a designated hospice house. Prayers sent. 🙏
Yeah, it’s a hell of a lot better to go out in your own home than in a hospital. That (hospice) was the course my dad choose.

The folks who choose to work in hospice are a special breed. My hat’s off to them, one and all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom