Ike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting Starr's Commander
Ike

Ike at 1 yr.jpg IMG_0642 (2).jpg Kristen&Big Mac (Ike) (2).jpg

My old hunting partner is long dead so I'm turning him loose. The memories will always be there. We hunted states from Texas to South Dakota but mostly Kansas, Iowa and Oklahoma. We hunted hard even though we both turned old and deaf. I've got his little girlie bird dog cousin now - Bea. She will never replace him but she doesn't need to. I'm a lot more laid back n mellow than I used to be so she just needs to be herself. We will get out some so I can pop a cap or two with my little Beretta 20ga SxS. RIP, Ike.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bea, that brings back memories. My buddy and I had a couple pointer sisters. We named them after our wives,I know,not a good idea right. My wife is Natalie and his is Brenda. The dogs were Nat and Bee. Hunted those dogs everywhere. They ran us ragged!
That's a beautiful pup. I hope you and her have many years of companionship.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually that pic was Ike as a pup. Here's Bea, then and now -

Attachments

• 008 (2).JPG
    008 (2).JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 158

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No dog ever replaces the memory of another. Each one makes our hearts bigger so we have room for all of them. I have loved each and everyone of them like kids. Sometimes more than my kids. Lol. I like to ***** about how worthless the 2 I have now are but truth is I cannot imagine my life without dogs in it.

She will make you happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom