Illegal Interstate Transfer of a Handgun. Will anyone actually do anything?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that a better class of people is needed in this case.
I also wish I could make more of the details available as it might clear a few things up, but I can't until "after"
This guy thinks that he is above it all.
Unfortunately, people may get hurt because of his attitude and the subservient attitude of people around him.
And, at this point, there is nothing that I can physically do.

If he does take possession of the handgun (and no, I am not in that chain of evidence) THEN I may be able to do something.

The point of this entire thread was to see if anyone thought that local law enforcement and/or the ATF would actually do anything, or if they would just poo-poo it off.

Dave

Dave

Naw, they wouldn't do anything if you told them what you've told us here...never.
HeadinSand.jpg

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope no one loses their life because you chose to sit back and question legalities.

I agree, but it wouldn't be because I am sitting back and questioning legalities.
Again, I am not involved in the firearms aspect of this.
The threats would be considered hearsay by all law enforcement at this point.

The key will be IF he takes possession of the handgun.
At that point, while the threats might be hearsay, the illegal possession and transfer of a handgun would be fact.
At that point, something could be done and a potential violent situation and possible bodily harm can be averted.

Dave

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what I know:

Text messages between father and son relate to handgun acquisition and possible future threats to specific person with the handgun.

It is my understanding that this constitutes multiple offences.

Dave

Not sure from a legal standpoint, but I don't think that texts are considered hearsay.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure from a legal standpoint, but I don't think that texts are considered hearsay.

The texts would not be hearsay, but by and of themselves they prove nothing.

Let's say the texts say

"hey, can you buy me the 357 and bring it down next time you come?"
"Sure." "In fact, I just bought one for you."
"Great".

That doesn't mean anything and since nothing has changed hands, there is nothing that can be done.

However, those texts take on a whole new perspective AFTER the fact.

Dave

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That doesn't mean anything and since nothing has changed hands, there is nothing that can be done.

However, those texts take on a whole new perspective AFTER the fact.

Dave

Guess in the end you have to do whatever your conscience can live with.

If something bad goes down and you could've dropped a dime but you didn't...can you live with that?

If nothing happens, or was even going to happen, and you dragged some people through the mud by dropping a dime...can you live with that?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess in the end you have to do whatever your conscience can live with.
If something bad goes down and you could've dropped a dime but you didn't...can you live with that?
If nothing happens, or was even going to happen, and you dragged some people through the mud by dropping a dime...can you live with that?

Right now, there is absolutely NO dime to drop.
Tell me what exactly you would do in the same situation.
Call a cop?
Just for Shiggles, call one and ask them "hey, I heard that this guy might be having his son bring him a gun across state lines and he may have threatened someone."
Guess what they will tell you.

If the transfer does take place, I will have no compunction about "dropping the dime" if, and this is a big if, I think any law enforcement agency will/would do ANYTHING.

There in lies the problem.
Will anyone do anything?

That is the big question.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom