I'm building more press monitors...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alan, one question I have for you is that of the Dillon powder measure. Have you looked at putting a sensor on the powder measure to verify full travel of the powder bar? That is one weak point in the dillon system, I have over the years had a couple of the powder measures get worn or loose to the point that the coupling for the linkage slips out of the little plastic square and results in powder not being dropped. An alarm to warn of that sequence would be a great addition in my opinion. I currently have two Dillon RL-550B models in service with good service for the past three decades. Thanks. Blitzfike

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Blitzflake,

I load on a 550 too, it does everything I ask of it. I'd like to have more sensors, but the problem is that for every sensor I add, it adds to the complexity and means another sensor to install. I do think your idea is a good one.

Are you using the fail safe bars on the your measure?

Here is a link to the Press Monitor manual, you can see all of its features here if you haven't checked out the manual yet:

http://www.pressmonitordevice.com/Press Monitor Manual.pdf

The best thing it does for the 550 is watch your loading sequence to make sure you don't deviate from it at all. I also have a smaller unit I just released called Press Guard that does monitoring and a press light only.

Given that you have two presses, you could just get an extra harness for $9 and plug it into whichever press you want to use. It has an easy to plug/unplug press connection using a RJ45 style jack.

Thanks,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom