Interested in an OSA Community Service Project?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would You be Interested in such an OSA Group Project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed the signs that read ‘this road adopted by _______’
The group meets periodically and picks up trash? I know it’s not much but OSA would be on permanent signage. It would be a reason get together to BS and shoot too.
Just a thought

Do we get to shoot the trash? Are we shooting it into tiny bits until it's gone? Or just until it's not longer on the road side?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned this in one of the AR pistol in park threads, but I wouldn't mind getting some of us together and setting up a table with info on the 2A, why we feel its important, and possibly display the differences between AR rifles and pistols, and why AR's are not the scary weapons of mass destruction the libbies claim them to be. It may not be a quote/unquote community service project, but I think the more people we educate the better off we will be. We could even do this by region, so say one in the Tulsa metro area, one in OKC area or Norman, maybe one in Stillwater, etc. It wouldn't take much, wouldn't be physically strenuous, and might draw more people to our online community. We could also talk about gun safety and awareness, etc. Maybe even talk to CCWSafe to sponsor if we have them advertised.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My range needs work. Vines have gone wild on the sides of the lane and the entry road is almost 4x4 only now. Did manage to mow and put down tick poison Friday though.

My yard needs mowing, my fence needs work, and the front flower beds need weeding too, but that’s a personal matter, not exactly something that we can call community service. I was hoping to get some ideas from this crowd that we could do as a group that would serve a dual purpose; genuinely help someone else and show us in a positive light.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned this in one of the AR pistol in park threads, but I wouldn't mind getting some of us together and setting up a table with info on the 2A, why we feel its important, and possibly display the differences between AR rifles and pistols, and why AR's are not the scary weapons of mass destruction the libbies claim them to be. It may not be a quote/unquote community service project, but I think the more people we educate the better off we will be. We could even do this by region, so say one in the Tulsa metro area, one in OKC area or Norman, maybe one in Stillwater, etc. It wouldn't take much, wouldn't be physically strenuous, and might draw more people to our online community. We could also talk about gun safety and awareness, etc. Maybe even talk to CCWSafe to sponsor if we have them advertised.

Then set it up man. Don’t wait for someone else to run with it. Ideas without action don’t get things done. You can do it, I know you can, cause you da man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My yard needs mowing, my fence needs work, and the front flower beds need weeding too, but that’s a personal matter, not exactly something that we can call call community service. I was hoping to get some ideas from this crowd that we could do as a group that would serve a dual purpose; genuinely help someone else and show us in a positive light.
Clean up one of the public ranges. Lexington, or Canton come to mind. Clean and shoot

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suggest that we get a single project that is a one day thing before committing to adopt a street.

The first time or two there will be enough people before long it will be one or two people doing it all by themselves unless we get a dedicated group who are sure to show up.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw this and it may be something some of the people here would be willing to do.

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/W...on-in-medical-debt-for-Kansans-508908081.html

Basically a church paid off a bunch of medical debt. While a few people are unable to do certain things if every member was able to stick 10 bucks or more in the hat we could probably pay off a BUNCH of medical debt for people who can not afford it. Often times the people will get a letter saying that their debt has been paid off and who or what group did it. It would be a good way to show the community that we are not just a bunch of uncaring jerks who carry.

But it is up to the members on here to put their money where their mouth is. I am having a rough time but I can stick ten bucks in. If 500 members do the same we can do a whole heck of a lot of good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom