Interesting article on open carry.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can debate the "tactical" reasons all day long, but to me, open carry is about freedoms. Sure, many people may not, if ever, open carry if it passes, but we should have the option to chose how we carry, not be told how to by some political hack in their nice cushy office. I truly appreciate LEO's, but they are not my personal body guards.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can debate the "tactical" reasons all day long, but to me, open carry is about freedoms. Sure, many people may not, if ever, open carry if it passes, but we should have the option to chose how we carry, not be told how to by some political hack in their nice cushy office. I truly appreciate LEO's, but they are not my personal body guards.

I don't carry a gun to make a political statement. I carry for one reason only ---- to protect me and my wife. I do realize that ymmv though.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't carry a gun to make a political statement. I carry for one reason only ---- to protect me and my wife. I do realize that ymmv though.

So true and thank you, being an old guy I have been instructed over the years and have endeared this belief to this day to exactly what GC said. Now, what little Mrs. LW and I go out it is with close friends for a very nice dinner. One thing is I know that there are at least three of the four of us carrying, not that it is a shady place to dine and it is not. Just sayin', but then again what do we old guys know?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree... some people carry for different reasons. For me, open carry would be MUCH less of an inconvenience to me than concealed carry, and I would consequently carry a lot more, I think. Therefore, I think giving up the occasional element of surprise in exchange for being armed much more frequently than present is a fair trade-off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom