Interesting article on open carry.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be just fine with keeping the law concealed if they would just take possibility of an inadvertent showing getting my permit revoked. Take that possibility completely away and I could be totally down with not having open carry because I doubt seriously that I would ever do it anyway. Good article GC...

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In actuality, there are two debates. One is about weather or not you should open carry, and the other is about weather it should be legal.
The fact that we even have the second debate is such a travesty.
The first debate, meanwhile, is a good one to have, though in the end, you are the one who is best set to make that decision for you. This article seems mostly to pertain to the first debate and is well written. Thanks for sharing.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't carry a gun to make a political statement. I carry for one reason only ---- to protect me and my wife. I do realize that ymmv though.

+one billion. I also agree with Shadowrider about inadvertently exposing your weapon. It shouldnt be a crime.

I just don't see the appeal of letting everyone know you have a pistol. On the flip side, if it passes, I will carry my ivory handled engraved SAA colts in a hand tooled El Paso Saddlery holster for all the world to see. Of course, I will be wearing flip flops, a wife beater, and a Dr. Who scarf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom