Interesting Shotgun Loads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Creative shotshell loads have damaged lots of weapons and more than a few shooters.

Split shot clamped on fine (forget which one) wire guitar string was, according to an old friend of mine, a big favorite in Viet Nam. CB

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheaper Than Dirt sells small flechettes by the pound that can be handloaded into 12 ga shells. Not sure if that is even legal.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3042_2764667721_8712c2ca0d.jpg

As you can see in the picture, 'Dragon's Breath' rounds appear to be fun. Not for HD, granted, but maybe if you need to start a brushfire or something...

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cheaper Than Dirt sells small flechettes by the pound that can be handloaded into 12 ga shells. Not sure if that is even legal.

As you can see in the picture, 'Dragon's Breath' rounds appear to be fun. Not for HD, granted, but maybe if you need to start a brushfire or something...

I dunno, any BG would probably mess their pants if that was the first shot at them. If nothing else, you would be oriented for that buckshot round that is the next shot :idea:

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I do not think that Flechette rounds would be illegal except for use in war as defined by the Geneva convention. If you do decide to load these though you will beed to put a rubberband or an extra log wad cup around the flechettes that you load into the shell so that they will fly right when they leave the barrel if you do not use a long wad cup or rubberband for them. If you just stick some in a shell without either of these devices then they will leave the barrel and begin to tumble immediately. Not that I have ever shot these or anything. :rubhands:

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not think that Flechette rounds would be illegal except for use in war as defined by the Geneva convention. If you do decide to load these though you will beed to put a rubberband or an extra log wad cup around the flechettes that you load into the shell so that they will fly right when they leave the barrel if you do not use a long wad cup or rubberband for them. If you just stick some in a shell without either of these devices then they will leave the barrel and begin to tumble immediately. Not that I have ever shot these or anything. :rubhands:

The long cup works better than the rubber band I would think :werd:

walt82

Marksman
Reaction score
fletchette rounds are pretty nasty. SCMITR rounds are pretty nasty. LE only though. Ammunitiontogo.com has a nice selection of less than lethal ammo. cops like the bean bag loads. FLetchette and Dragon BReath are two of my favourites.

there's also a load that shoots out M80 firecrackers. funny stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom