Intermediate Concealed Carry Class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're running a special on our ICC1 class. Here's the body of the email we sent to our alumni, and would like to extend the same special to our OSA family as well!

Our new Intermediate Concealed Carry 1 (ICC1) course has been a resounding success over the past year; numerous students have already registered to take the class again!

We look forward to continue helping you prepare for the moments that matter. Just read what students are saying about classes:

"...fantastic instruction by highly competent, delightfully funny, and extraordinarily thorough instructors..." - Kathie

"...WOW!" Jessica D.

"...They should charge an extra $100 for what you get!" - Patrick

"I can't recommend [ICC1] enough...If you are going to carry concealed, you need to take this class!" - Adam

"I attended the ICC1 class on Oct 2nd and was just totally impressed with this class. I will be back for this class again asap! You cannot find this quality of instruction for this price anywhere else!" - Kenny K.​

Classes this year are continuing to fill quickly. Many of you have expressed interest in this course; we would like to extend you a special offer.

Normally, the cost is $149, but if you will register for the class by February 1st, you will pay only $99. That's less than $10 a hour for some of the world's finest, one-on-one firearms instruction. With Valentine's Day just around the corner, this would be a great opportunity for you to enjoy a great hobby with your "better half!"

We currently have ICC1 classes scheduled for March 12, April 9, May 14, and June 11. Classes are filling quickly, so reserve your slots today!

If you are not able to pay the whole amount at once, payment plans are available: pay $33 down, and set up an automatic draft for the final two payments over the next 4 weeks. Call or email to take advantage of this plan.

Don't forget: if you need some or all of the gear for the class, rental packages are available. Call or email for more information.

To enroll, you can register at https://carrylegal.com/register.php, and use the coupon code 'contact', or call us at 918-237-2063.

We look forward to training with you this year!

Paul Melin (AC37)
Jeremiah "Bars" Blasi (TheSensei)
Randy Curry
The Carry Legal Team

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What exactly are you teaching in your ICC1 class that you don't teach in you regular CCW class?
Is it 1 on 1 teaching or classroom full teaching?
What gear would 1 need for this kind of class?
Thanks

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are teaching quite a bit in ICC1 that's not in the concealed carry class - it's completely different. To summarize, the concealed carry class is designed to teach gun safety. ICC1 is designed to teach you how to shoot, and begin making your firearm a relevant tool for self defense. Here is the course description from our website:

Every day, we better understand that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Therefore, the burden of self-defense rests on us: not on our government, our military, the state, or even our local police, but on us, the silent majority of working citizens who are present in nearly every case these incidents transpire.

The state-mandated Oklahoma Concealed Carry class is designed to teach gun safety and serve as an introduction to the state's Self Defense Act (SDA) laws, nothing more. Thus, it is severely deficient in its ability to adequately educate, prepare, and train you for the realities of self-defense that you face as a law-abiding citizen carrying a concealed firearm in your daily life. Knowing the self-defense laws and being able to apply them in real-world situations are very different things. The ICC1 course is designed to address these issues and equip you with the appropriate knowledge to assist you in responding to a life-threatening situation.

Here are a few of the questions we have designed the Intermediate Concealed Carry Level 1 course curriculum to specifically address:

• Do I know what type of people commit crimes, how they commit them, who they commit them against, and how to spot tell-tale signs of a crime about to happen?
  • Do I know what tools may stop a crime before it ever starts, without resorting to an unjustified use of deadly force? Do I know how to use these tools?
  • Do I have a method of carry that is comfortable and concealable enough that I am consistently armed any time I leave my house?
  • Can I draw my defensive pistol quickly enough from concealment for it to be a relevant self-defense tool against a criminal intent on doing me serious bodily harm?
  • Is my pistol a defensive tool I know how to competently operate, or am I merely expecting its mere presence and noise when fired to stop an attack?
  • Can I pull the trigger on a justified deadly force threat that is attempting to do serious physical injury or even kill me?
  • Am I a good enough shot to consistently hit what I'm aiming at without endangering those around me?
  • Do I know how to get my gun back in the fight quickly when it malfunctions?

Course overview:
ICC1 is one full day of training including lecture, practical exercises, and live fire on the range. This pistol-focused class is designed for people who want to acquire real-world defensive pistol skill sets designed specifically for Concealed Carry. The only prerequisite to take this class is the basic Concealed Carry class.

You will learn:

• How to identify pre-attack indicators and other bodily cues and behaviors that indicate a crime is seconds away from happening
  • About a defensive tool that not only helps us identify a possible threat, but can stop a crime in its tracks before it ever happens in the first place
  • How to select an appropriate firearm
  • How to manipulate your firearm as a defensive tool
  • How to select and use a holster for your firearm that will allow you to be consistently armed in public while still being in compliance with the law
  • How to draw your firearm from concealment consistently and quickly
  • How to shoot accurately and consistently, and how to speed up consistent accuracy
  • Quickly clearing malfunctions when your firearm experiences them
  • How to reload

You will need:

***Please Note: all below equipment is available for rental/purchase as needed - try before you buy! Don't let a lack of gear stop you from taking this class!***
  • A semi-automatic pistol and as many magazines as possible
  • A holster you can conceal
  • 200 rounds of ammunition minimum (500 recommended)
  • Ear and eye protection
  • A folding camp chair for your comfort
  • Money for lunch
  • Proper attire for the weather and conditions
  • A hat and/or sunscreen is advisable

In self-defense, we only get one chance to do it right: the first time. We need to find out the realities of self-defense in a safe, controlled training environment where we get a "do-over" when our preparations or equipment fails. We do NOT want to find out what doesn't work in a dirty mall parking lot where failure means serious bodily harm or even death; we would much rather discover those deficiencies in our preparation and equipment in training so we won't have to fail when it matters!

You will never be set up to fail in this course. Our staff is certified, friendly, competent, proficient, fun, and professional. This course is designed to improve you from the very first moment you step in our door, starting from any skill level, with your own equipment, because the edge that you acquire from training will translate to a life-saving difference when it matters most. Pay attention in class, apply what you learn, and you will succeed in every single exercise!

http://carrylegal.com/icc1.php

Latest posts

Top Bottom