Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombierampage

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thought I would drop by and intro myself. I have posted once and got alot f good answer to my question. I recently took my Concealed Carry course and think the 60 - 90 days wait is just a little on the crazy side. Its nice to see a place where ideas are exchanged freely and with a minimal amount of fighting and putdowns. Nice forums and I hope to post more.

I have a Romanian made AK. Not bad for 300 bucks but the internal hammer has developed a lip where the catch hits it to prevent full auto fire. I guess I gotta get a dremel and smooth it out.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello OSA members I was glad to find a local forum site for Okies. I have been doing alot of research on AR's, AK's, Mini-14's, etc. trying to find my next long gun purchase. Getting information overload!! I am looking for something that would be cheap to feed (if thaq ammo prices ever drop) and not to break the bank. There are a lot of options out there, but not having any first hand experience shooting any of the different options makes the selection process even more difficult.

I am currently leaning toward either the AR or AK and would like to know what to look for and more specificaly what to avoid. I know each type has its own pros and cons, but wanted to get feed back on real world expecitations.

Potential uses:
1. recreational shooting
2. personal defense (not home defense use my Mossberg for that)
3. Hunting (I believe that you are limited to 5 round mags?)
4. SHTF (Never will happen but it is like driving you don't like to pay for insurance but it could save your arse someday)

Thanks for the feed back and great site!

lostranger

Marksman
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm an Army guy assigned to Ft Sill w/ the ADA School. Been lurking on the site for a few months and it looks good. Very active. I'm into all the military type weapons and have done Combat Pistol, Bullseye, and High Power Rifle competitive shooting. Rifle and Shotgun NRA certified instructor (mainly for my Scout Troop back in CO).

Thanks,
Alex
(lostranger)

merrise

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Name is Steve. I have been lurking around for some time. Just signed up last week and started getting active. Wealth of knowledge is incredible by all those on the board. I have been like a kid in a candy store and it has been very hard to focus on work.

Thanks to all that are willing to share their knowledge and experience. It truly helps those that are new and is much appreciated.

hardinsd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey I'm Sam. Glad I heard of this site lots of good info looks like.
I hunt almost everything Deer first and predators second.

Thanks and shoot straight :wave:

Latest posts

Top Bottom