Is cheap furniture worth buying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Craigslist or the back room of most furniture stores is the way to go if you're looking to save a few dollars. I'd rather have a sofa with a hole in one of the cushions than a piece of Walmart Chinese junk that's going to fall apart in 3 months.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i say check out big lots. We got our living room pieces from there. You will be surprised at the prices and quality. They have layaway also. I was really impressed.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
As long as you don't expect it to be the same quality as the more expensive stuff, I don't see a problem with it.
I have a couch with a recliner, I won't buy another one unless it has a handle to raise and lower the recliner.

Mine does... I won't buy another recliner couch period. It's not as comfortable as the non-recliner loveseat, and it seems like the frame isn't holding up right... like you sit uneven now. And we paid IIRC 899 or 999 for it. It's less than 5 years old.

i say check out big lots. We got our living room pieces from there. You will be surprised at the prices and quality. They have layaway also. I was really impressed.

+1, I picked up an all wood TV stand for $99 there.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another good option is Brandon Auction at 11th and 129th. Once or twice a month on Saturday they have a new furniture auction. I bought some quality furniture there for good prices. Go early and look around. Stuff goes cheaper later in the day as the auction wears on, since many people have left.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Also I know there is not one near you but if you are in okc Stillwater or Shawnee, walls has been doing some stuff with furniture, call ahead first though.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

The wife and I were looking for a couch a few months ago and made all the rounds to the usual places (Mathis, Sunshine, Snows, Rooms Today, Dillards, etc.). Not really falling in love with anything we found and liking the quality, we started going anywhere and everywhere that sold furniture and ended up at a furniture consignment store at 91st/elm. They had new furniture as well as used for sale and their new stuff was made in the USA, priced low, and had coil seating. Not pricy, what we were looking for, and made in the USA to boot.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom