Is it my AC or is it just too dang hot?!?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I have changed out the filters and cleaned the unit but my unit still seems to run 3 degrees hotter than we have it set during the day. Sun goes down and its back to freezing us out. I'm sure its the heat but just wanted a 2nd opinion.

Thank God for Energy Star or I'd be flat broke come payday!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have an attic fan? Might want to invest in one of those, thermostat controlled. Amazon has them starting at less than $100, not sure what local shops charge.

I've been told that A/C units can only cool 20 degrees lower than the outside temps, but I call BS on that considering my AC has had no problems running at 75 during 100+ degree days.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just too hot. When it's low 90s and even mid, it's comfortable but when we reach 100's, AC starts to crap. Mine is like 30 years old too and still kicking.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting a 20°delta T is good between the return and supply justt in general,every piece of equipment is.working to its max which boils down to.the insulation in your attic and walls,Id like to say these temps are abnormal but they seem to becoming more often,4-7pm is probly the worst part of the day.
I have been turning down my stat 3° cooler when we have 100° days which has helped tremendously,might need some blankets during the morn but its going to be nicer in the evenings and when its this hot I don't get concerned w/ my electric bill,its goo g to be high regardless.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My ac has no problem keeping it at 72 degrees in my house.The best investment I made to that end,did it 5 years ago, was to replace all my windows with Thermal Windows.Made a huge difference in the summer and winter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom