Is there still any interest in the tried and true Win .270

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Interarms Mark X 270 is dead on accurate with my reloads and many factory loads if I do my part. Love the Mauser action. I did have Steve Baldwin custom fit a Limb Saver recoil pad on the Bell & Carlson stock to help tame recoil.

Last edited:

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my 270 out for the first time in about 8 years to do a hunt with my son. That thing is brutal compared to my 6.5 CM. I’m thinking about just using a 6.5. We will see after the end of the week and I get some loads worked up.

Last edited:

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was a tack driver. Hunted here and down south. Took it to Oregon. I reached past my 300 win mag to grab it for elk. Great all around caliber. I eventually let it go as I got heavy into .308 caliber and wanted to de clutter /simplify reloading. Can’t say enough good about the .270

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Savage is still moving plenty of .270s. My hunting buddies both walked out of Bass Pro last year with a .270, and hopefully will bag some deer with them this year.

Tried both, and the recoil is brutal. Maybe there's a stock upgrade that will help, but for right now I'm happy with my hipster caliber that doesn't put a hole in my shoulder. Max distance I need a flat shot is 200yds - I'm not shooting down spy balloons.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My two go to hunting rifles are a 30-30 and 270, and I don’t plan on changing anything. I don’t own any of the “newer” calibers. Maybe I’m stubborn and set in my ways. When I here 6.5, I always get the image of a guy with a man bun.
When I "here" 6.5, I think of 6.5x55.

When I hear of 7-08 I think, why not shoot 7x57? Is a shorter bolt really worth it?

Either way, my nephew and I will be killing deer with rifles that are over 100 years old.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand there are certain people that can’t handle recoil. Little people, elderly people. Handicapped or otherwise injured.

The rest of you guys whining about 270 Winchester recoil are a little on the soft side and need get out do something every once in an while. Smarts phones and lane assist have turned the men into women.

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand there are certain people that can’t handle recoil. Little people, elderly people. Handicapped or otherwise injured.

The rest of you guys whining about 270 Winchester recoil are a little on the soft side and need get out do something every once in an while. Smarts phones and lane assist have turned the men into women.
Welp, I'm out of this conversation.

I don't argue with apes with their d**s hanging out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom