Is this a good idea/strategy for McAAP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, just bomb tests and disposing of old ordanance.:D
They usually do it about mid day, at least when I've been there.

I don't know how the crossbow hunt works, but the other hunts you are usually grouped up with 4 guys to a truck (guys with crewcabs get first shot at driving), so keep that in mind gearwise. You might have to share space with 3 other guys. Not to say you can't take alot of stands and leave some at camp or something if you don't have room.

The way I understand the rules that I have read for the physically challenged hunt, is that you are allowed to take a helper if you need one, but the helper cannot stay in the hunt area. So I'm wondering if that rule your talking about applies.? There are a lot less hunters for that hunt as well, so I'm thinking it may be one hunter per vehicle + a helper? I called Bill Starry last week about some questions like a thermocell which is not allowed. I did schedule a cabin stay a day early as It my first hunt for big mac and I didn't want to get up a 2am to get on the road and then have a meeting and scouting and be totally tired out. I want to enjoy the hunt. Its a special one with lots of potential to get the biggest buck of a lifetime, and I'm pumped:D:D:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom