Is this it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s crazy! Even Arby’s has one. It’s pretty good too. Might even be the same log.
Don't do much fast food. When a burger and fries cost $12-$14, I'm going for the $7.99 per pound ribeye on sale at one of our grocers this week and a 5lb bag of taters for the same price to make fries better than any fast food joint can make.
Just never got into the fast food joints. McDonalds coffee is great. Sonic Limeades, easy ice with extra lime is good. That's about it.
Used to get the three fish meal at Long johns when it was in town occasionally, throwing out everything but the fish, but it got so nasty that they closed it down and are putting a car wash in the same location.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That place went out of business in a couple of months. You can see it was rated 84 out of 99 restaurants. Didn't know there were that many eateries in this town but if you consider the fast food, I guess so.
Some sort of progressive Mexican food took over that building. We tried it once and it's a fail as well. Pretty sure that space will be open again when you have to wait for almost an hour for some burrito's and a few taco's.
The restaurant scene in Ponca leaves a lot to be desired.
Sounds like my earlier post about moving to Enid.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried Greek food a few times as I had a Greek friend. Most of the food taste like it is loaded with cinnamon or something similar.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried Greek food a few times as I had a Greek friend. Most of the food taste like it is loaded with cinnamon or something similar.
I think your right. My wife makes cabbage rolls occasionally. Same recipe that comes from that greek restaurant called Freddy's on Keystone lake?
It contains cinnamon. I asked her to not include that the next time she made those, so it's been about 5 years now since those have been made.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well **** now yall got me curious! Where in Sam's do they sell it? Fresh meat or frozen meat section so I can bolo it if they ever get it in Owasso?
yep, in the frozen section. specifically at the north may sam's, in the very back row of the frozen section, near the angus hamburger patties and frozen chicken tenders/wings/thighs/breasts. big rectangular brown cardboard box.

yeah the arby's gyro is surprisingly good, if they ever go 2 for $6 it's a good deal. it's very likely the same exact one; i see the brand at all the greek restaurants/markets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom