Is your house gross? Anonymous poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is your house gross?

• No, my home is immaculate or close to it at all times.

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • My house isn't perfect, but it usually just needs a quick straigtening.

Votes: 82 54.3%
  • I'm messy and don't dust, but my kitchen and bathroom are not scary.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • My house is gross and smells. Bathroom is a biohazard and kitchen is an affront to humanity.

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EZ, did you also have trouble finding the poll? Do you feel as though you were cohered into voting a certain way? There may be grounds for a lawsuit here...

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EZ, did you also have trouble finding the poll? Do you feel as though you were cohered into voting a certain way? There may be grounds for a lawsuit here...

Up until I feel violated from the savage polling I took, I'll refrain from civil litigation, but rest assured I have an attorney on speed-dial who specializes in properly polling his clientèle...

His is the name that we shall not say.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the unfortunate disadvantages of running an auction company is that I must often go into the houses of others. I agree with Ridge in that some people do not realize, or will just not admit, how truly gross their house is. I have left a few houses with the distinct feeling that I needed to be dipped into a vat of alcohol to get clean.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is I have a lot cleaner house now, as a result of this poll. Because I got to looking for dust in places no self-respecting person would look for dust ... As a result, that dust is banished ... for a couple weeks or so anyway ... GC thanks you, RidgeHunter. :wink2: At least there were no dirty dishes in the sink when he came home today.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think everyone saying "on second look, kinda dusty gross" or "was immaculate until I had the second kid" and stuff like that has NO ******* IDEA what a gross house really is. Trust me, your houses are not gross if you're saying coy, self-depreciating things like that. Dust under your couch doesn't make you gross, people. Being busy and leaving stuff lying around is not gross.

People with true gross houses will fall into one of 2 categories a.) they'll freely admit their house is gross or b.) they don't know/won't acknowledge it. 10% fall in the first category, 90% fall in the latter. Thus my poll was an exercise in in futility. But so is my life.

This is so true! I get the pleasure of viewing homes almost on a daily basis and honestly I cannot believe some of the filth that I walk into. You are correct having some dust or misc clutter or little things that get stuck under the couch is not filth. I have a kit in my car that is like a mini haz mat kit I use for some of my foreclosures!

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Between college and my first teaching job I spent 8 lovely months with Orkin Pest Control as a route technician. I'd reckon the worst place I ever saw was out near Elgin. A German Shepard dog had been inside for at least a week. I'm wondering, why do these folks care about roaches when there is dog poop under the kitchen table. Anyway, I went ahead and started spraying, sprayed the living room, kitchen and started down the hall. I got to a bedroom, started to open the door and the homeowner said "You don't need to go in there, that room is kinda messy." You have no idea how badly I wanted to open that door, just to see what his definition of kinda messy actually was. But instead I had him sign the service sheet, and left. This was in February, it was cold and windy, but when I got outside that was the sweetest smelling air I had ever breathed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom