It’ll blow your skirt up out there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hwy 275 north in Tampa.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109_135848_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109_135848_Facebook.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 0

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
How dare you insinuate us Okies can't drive in snow and ice. It's those texan imports.

I grew up in Wisconsin, been in Oklahoma since 2005.

It's not just snow and ice, any sort or amount of precipitation makes me question whether it's safe to drive. Not because I'm not comfortable driving, but because I know how Oklahoma drivers are and it doesn't matter how safe I drive if everyone else on the road has a death wish.

I imagine the same would apply in any state that only sees snow a couple times a year.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in Wisconsin, been in Oklahoma since 2005.

It's not just snow and ice, any sort or amount of precipitation makes me question whether it's safe to drive. Not because I'm not comfortable driving, but because I know how Oklahoma drivers are and it doesn't matter how safe I drive if everyone else on the road has a death wish.

I imagine the same would apply in any state that only sees snow a couple times a year.
It was sarcasm. I grew up in Oklahoma and still know how to drive on snow and ice. It's just idiots that can't drive period.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More than 50 years ago we had an ice storm Sat evening with fresh snow on top Sunday morning. I took my 15yo daughter to the old huge Sears parking lot at 21 and Yale close to our house in Tulsa and gave her the drivers seat. I told her, "drive the front wheels, the rest of the car will follow". We spent over an hour learning how to handle driving on the ice, starting, stopping, turning, how to try to recover from a sideways skid, sliding all around, etc. Yep had fun, but she learned a lifetime of information skills and built real confidence as a driver.

Like shooting or any other item, get out and safely practice all you can so that when the unexpected happens you are better prepared.

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was sarcasm. I grew up in Oklahoma and still know how to drive on snow and ice. It's just idiots that can't drive period.

😑

I wish there was a sarcasm font.

I stand by what I said though. For example, had a clown in a jeep tailgating me this morning on the way home. I'm matching the speed of the cars in front of me while leaving a big space. Dude was so close I couldn't see his headlights.

😤

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Naw, OK driver's are horribly worse than California driver's!!!
Agreed. We drove from San Jose to San Francisco in rush hour evening traffic and I probably hit the brakes 3 times. That was stuffed 4 or 5 lanes of traffic heading to San Francisco. Traffic flowed smooth and folks weren’t in a panic to get somewhere like they are here or even worse, Texas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom