It's HATE TEXAS week.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uh, that’s the King!!

I am too. It is making it all about money for these kids. Very few will play for the fun of it anymore. Especially the top players that get all kinds of stuff and money. I heard Rattler already got two cars given to him and I’m sure a lot of money as well. And most don’t care about their academic career. It’s the mentality of I want in so I can make some big bucks. Not, “oh my goodness, I get to go to (whatever college) and get everything paid for to get a degree”. Sadly that’s the world we live in. Most don’t care about academics anymore. Kids are raised to try and become professional athletes even though the majority will never even come close to making it rather than raising them on how important a good education is. I wish my parents would have pushed me to do better in school rather than worrying about sports all the time. But it’s far worse today than it bwas when I was in high school. With this NIL deal high school kids will strive to get a scholarship so they can cash in it. It’s a shame.
If Bobby Knight ain’t dead yet NIL will likely kill him its categorically against his belief system and what he did as a college coach. Turn boys in to fine young men first priority, winning basketball games second priority.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to believe that an offensive lineman with "no name" would be happy blocking 300+ monsters so a QB can stand and pass, getting zero monatary reward while the QB gets rich.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to believe that an offensive lineman with "no name" would be happy blocking 300+ monsters so a QB can stand and pass, getting zero monatary reward while the QB gets rich.
Well, it's not exactly zero monetary reward. He probably gets a scholarship, and he might be hoping to play in the NFL eventually as well. And... maybe he just likes playing football?

It IS probably inevitable that there will be some disparity in the earning potential of different players, and some of that will be based on position.

But that has ALWAYS been the case, the skill players have been payed more on average than the big uglies. It hasn't kept the big uglies from playing so far, though...

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A2357168-4194-4F7B-9606-440B6F046936.jpeg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning gang.

We are up and ready to go down to get on the bus for the stadium. It has been a crazy couple of days down here on Dallas.

Wishing you all a great Saturday!

5C70196E-65AA-4868-81E6-4EE6ED025C01.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom