It's ya'lls thread now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you should also read the 2nd Amendment again. Obviously you get the part about "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." but you seem to ignore the part about "A well regulated militia"

" Well regulated " means properly working, trained and competent, not controlled or limited. The meaning was different when the Constitution was written.

lower case g

Marksman
Reaction score
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I didn't see this posted anywhere here, so wanted to get it out there. Ten republican members of the House have sponsored a bill aimed at banning bump fire stocks. Regardless of your opinion on bump fires, you should oppose this bill. As written, it is extremely vague and seeks to ban any device that can increase the rate of fire of a gun. This could be conveyed to mean anything from a bump fire stock, to a binary trigger, or something as simple as any after market trigger that has a lighter pull, or shorter reset than the factory trigger. If taken to the extreme, it could even ban fingers, as the easiest way to increase rate of fire is to simply pull the trigger faster.

I urge you to contact your representatives, and let them know you do not support this. Below is a message I got from somewhere else, the author gave permission for anyone to use it. Send it out to anyone, and everyone.

I wanted to express my feelings towards gun control measures that have been proposed recently. We all feel a deep sadness over the loss of life that happened recently in Las Vegas. However, it has come to my attention that the supposed answers being proposed by certain representatives in the House to deal with this tragedy would have ramifications that could violate the rights of millions upon millions of law abiding gun owners across the nation. Legislation that has been proposed to ban "bump stocks" has been so vaguely worded that it could be interpreted in a number of different ways that could potentially lead to a ban of any number of firearms and firearm accessories. I DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH EFFORTS. I would ask that you, as my representative take this into consideration and listen to your constituents who support the Second Amendment. Diane Feinstein said in TWO TV interviews that there is NO LAW that could have prevented the tragedy in Las Vegas. So why are they trying to pass new laws? Nancy Pelosi herself said recently that she hopes a ban on bump stocks would be a "slippery slope" to more gun control. They wish to gradually chip away at our rights until there is nothing left. I ask you to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and VOTE NO on any attempt at gun control that is proposed in the House of Representatives. Thank you for your time.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I didn't see this posted anywhere here, so wanted to get it out there. Ten republican members of the House have sponsored a bill aimed at banning bump fire stocks. Regardless of your opinion on bump fires, you should oppose this bill. As written, it is extremely vague and seeks to ban any device that can increase the rate of fire of a gun. This could be conveyed to mean anything from a bump fire stock, to a binary trigger, or something as simple as any after market trigger that has a lighter pull, or shorter reset than the factory trigger. If taken to the extreme, it could even ban fingers, as the easiest way to increase rate of fire is to simply pull the trigger faster.

I urge you to contact your representatives, and let them know you do not support this. Below is a message I got from somewhere else, the author gave permission for anyone to use it. Send it out to anyone, and everyone.

I wanted to express my feelings towards gun control measures that have been proposed recently. We all feel a deep sadness over the loss of life that happened recently in Las Vegas. However, it has come to my attention that the supposed answers being proposed by certain representatives in the House to deal with this tragedy would have ramifications that could violate the rights of millions upon millions of law abiding gun owners across the nation. Legislation that has been proposed to ban "bump stocks" has been so vaguely worded that it could be interpreted in a number of different ways that could potentially lead to a ban of any number of firearms and firearm accessories. I DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH EFFORTS. I would ask that you, as my representative take this into consideration and listen to your constituents who support the Second Amendment. Diane Feinstein said in TWO TV interviews that there is NO LAW that could have prevented the tragedy in Las Vegas. So why are they trying to pass new laws? Nancy Pelosi herself said recently that she hopes a ban on bump stocks would be a "slippery slope" to more gun control. They wish to gradually chip away at our rights until there is nothing left. I ask you to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and VOTE NO on any attempt at gun control that is proposed in the House of Representatives. Thank you for your time.
Let me be the first to say "welcome" and I totally agree with your post.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Welcome to OSA, and I agree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom