J&L Bullet Casters still in business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've ever gone to their storefront for the bullet business, they are not always there. Try the other end of the building where they actually make the bullets.

There are several threads in the hometown forum on ARFCOM where people have had differences with Mitch and vowed to never go back. The last time I was there, I was looking at stuff on the display shelf and getting ready to buy some and as I was reaching for it, he told me that those items were for his "regular customers".

He had just Received a shipment of .223 bullets and I asked about the price cause it seemed a bit high. His reply was "if you're looking for a good deal, you're not going to get it here". I said thanks and left. Haven't been back since. Don't know how his business is doing at the gun range, never been there.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was brought to my attention last night so I will see what I can do to answer some questions. We are no longer open to the public. You can purchase our bullets online or through my other business Safety 1st Gun Range in Edmond. As you can imagine, we are extremely busy right now due to the huge demand this industry is currently seeing so we are a couple of weeks behind on our bullet orders.

Yes he was.
His bullet business was rumored to be for sale.

Isn't it funny how someone you have had no direct contact with for a couple of years speaks with authority about your business? There was no "group" for the gun range purchase and the bullet business has not been for sale for some time.

h&h and the edmond range has had their bullets in the last year anyway.

H&H has not carried our bullets for several years after they decided we were competitors. I suppose opening the gun range solidified that feeling. :)

I have tried to order some online in the past and never could get their website to work so i just gave up on trying. But that was a year or so ago.

We have and do receive orders daily so I'm not sure what happened here.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you've ever gone to their storefront for the bullet business, they are not always there. Try the other end of the building where they actually make the bullets.

There are several threads in the hometown forum on ARFCOM where people have had differences with Mitch and vowed to never go back. The last time I was there, I was looking at stuff on the display shelf and getting ready to buy some and as I was reaching for it, he told me that those items were for his "regular customers".

He had just Received a shipment of .223 bullets and I asked about the price cause it seemed a bit high. His reply was "if you're looking for a good deal, you're not going to get it here". I said thanks and left. Haven't been back since. Don't know how his business is doing at the gun range, never been there.

Not exactly how that conversation went, but it probably works for you and your primary motivation in life. When powder and primers were tight, we did only sell them to our bullets customers. This has been hashed over before. To be perfectly honest, I find it somewhat amusing you're bring it up AGAIN. The good news is we have been prospering in both businesses even though you have chosen not to patronize us. ;)

Here's the deal. We found that there is a group of people that are pretty much just cranky old bastards. They complain about price even though your margins are only 35%. They complain when you keep the powder you have for your bullet customers. They ***** if you won't do a special run of bullets at a special sizing. They get upset when you have your first price increase in five years. We found we were MUCH more profitable by not dealing with these individuals. Culling the herd so to speak. :)

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to speak positive - I have ordered J&K Bullets several times on line. I like the bullets and the prices are great. I live in Edmond and when they sold from the store front in Moore it was a no brainer for me when considering the cost of gas and time to drive to Moore. I've got a good supply of cast bullets now and will not hesitate to order online again. Having the bullets at Safety 1st is a nice convenience for those on the north side of OKC.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not exactly how that conversation went, but it probably works for you and your primary motivation in life. When powder and primers were tight, we did only sell them to our bullets customers. This has been hashed over before. To be perfectly honest, I find it somewhat amusing you're bring it up AGAIN. The good news is we have been prospering in both businesses even though you have chosen not to patronize us. ;)

Here's the deal. We found that there is a group of people that are pretty much just cranky old bastards. They complain about price even though your margins are only 35%. They complain when you keep the powder you have for your bullet customers. They ***** if you won't do a special run of bullets at a special sizing. They get upset when you have your first price increase in five years. We found we were MUCH more profitable by not dealing with these individuals. Culling the herd so to speak. :)

old cranky bastards need love too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mitch, sorry if I gave out information on your business that wasn't current. You hear things out there, that's why I said rumored. Glad to hear things are going good for you.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
personally I won't spend any more money with you or your range simply because of the way you choose to come on here and put down your customers. Explaining is one thing. Insulting people is another. I can order online from other vendors and never be insulted.

No worries. I'm sure we will be fine. We have an OUTSTANDING customer base that recognizes good value and service when they see it. THOSE are the people we CHOOSE to surround ourselves with as they are the ones that will continue to make us successful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom