Jack Carr and Mark Owen on killing bin Laden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quite some time ago, Rob O'Neill did an interview that I watched where he spoke so much of what all happened. And, I don't know of anyone that has come out and stated that he was wrong. When asked about whether others had shot bin Laden, O'Neill stated that others might have shot him afterwards, and because everything was in a "fog of war" and everyone was gathering up evidence, anything could have happened.

Edit: with regards to that in bold letters, perhaps the author of the book has claimed that O'Neill was wrong, but I've not heard that from any other source.
Rob O'Neill came to OKC for a lecture for the Town Hall members and I was present. His recount of the shooting was exactly as TerryMiller's statement. Rob was the number 2 man going up the stairs. The #1 man spotted women in a doorway and pushed them back inside allowing Rob to be the new #1 man who entered the room and shot Bin Laden. Mr. O'Neill had to stop in his presentation several times to compose himself as he was having difficulties holding himself together. He was reliving the assault and had tears in his eyes. So I have to confirm Terry Miller's statement.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Good- Bin Laden is Dead Dead Dead.
The Bad - The 'other criminals' that perpetuated that war and continue to breed those animals like Bin Laden were not prospected for treason and retired wealthy.
The Ugly - The 'other criminals' are known and will eventually answer for their criminal deeds.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m currently listening to this one. I’ve heard the different stories about who did what but dead men tell no tales so we will likely never truly know. The book by O’Neill is a good read as well so it’s hard to discredit one over the other in my mind.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been a few years since I read No Easy Day, and I was driving while Owen was recounting the killing of bin Laden in part 3 above, so I can't swear that he claims to have shot him.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rob O'Neill came to OKC for a lecture for the Town Hall members and I was present. His recount of the shooting was exactly as TerryMiller's statement. Rob was the number 2 man going up the stairs. The #1 man spotted women in a doorway and pushed them back inside allowing Rob to be the new #1 man who entered the room and shot Bin Laden. Mr. O'Neill had to stop in his presentation several times to compose himself as he was having difficulties holding himself together. He was reliving the assault and had tears in his eyes. So I have to confirm Terry Miller's statement.
I believe O'Neills story. But the problem is with the Seal code that suggests that at the end of a mission, its understood that no one Seal attains the glory for the efforts of the team. O'Neal knew this but he said he felt the American public would heal faster if they could put name and face to Bin Ladin's killer. I agree with the code and would have preferred that Seal Team Six as a group would have recieved the honor for dispatching him. But in reality it took the efforts of many people to put the team on location. The group of women working for the CIA who finally found the bastard after all those years should be honored too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe O'Neills story. But the problem is with the Seal code that suggests that at the end of a mission, its understood that no one Seal attains the glory for the efforts of the team. O'Neal knew this but he said he felt the American public would heal faster if they could put name and face to Bin Ladin's killer. I agree with the code and would have preferred that Seal Team Six as a group would have recieved the honor for dispatching him. But in reality it took the efforts of many people to put the team on location. The group of women working for the CIA who finally found the bastard after all those years should be honored too.
It takes an army of intelligence gathering and preparation to make an operation come to its conclusion. Every person in that chain deserves credit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom