Jets over Tulsa/BA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check the markings, are they our aircraft or "theirs?"
Tinker is the main base in OK, it might have just been a re-fueling stop or something else at Tulsa (reserve base) coming and going, it's been over 50 years since i mustered out, I imagine there's a lot that has changed, AF-SOC works all over the world, supply's info to the "spooks" for OOC opp's Can't tell ya anymore or they'll be kicking in my door....

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tinker is the main base in OK, it might have just been a re-fueling stop or something else at Tulsa (reserve base) coming and going, it's been over 50 years since i mustered out, I imagine there's a lot that has changed, AF-SOC works all over the world, supply's info to the "spooks" for OOC opp's Can't tell ya anymore or they'll be kicking in my door....
"Can't tell ya anymore or they'll be kicking in my door...."

Naw, now days they use a drone strike and just claim is was a Natural Gas or methane explosion 😁

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about an Antonov AN 124-100 over Oklahoma?

1635553754009.png

1635553853763.png

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago the dad of a lady who worked for me worked of some type of oil equipment industry here in Tulsa. They had an Antonove to fly in to pick up a piece of compressor equipment manufactured here to fly to Saudi Arabia that was so big the final assembly was done at the airport. I was invited to watch them load it the evening before, huge piece of equipment that had no more than about 5" of clearance putting it in on a retractable roller skid.

They scheduled a just after daybreak take off on 36R, a 10,000 ft runway. His wheels cleared the north fence by 46th street North by no more than 10'. Yep, there was some major weight/balance vs density altitude calculations done with that takeoff.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also find this aircraft tracking site ADS-B Exchange interesting with some unique stuff. For anyone who might be interested, currently a 9:35PM 12/9/21 there is a high altitude balloon at 68,000 ft, N254TH launched out of Sioux Falls drifting SE at 16kts, now between Coulombia MO and St Louis MO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom