Job decisions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As the business stands, they have no room left to advance my salary. on average some months i know the business has no money in the accounts due to late customers and how the business is ran in general. Getting my father-in-law to change that would take a miracle.

I'm not bitching about my current job. I actually really enjoy it. I don't mine making slightly under 25k a year. but like i said, i work for my FIL,
Im topped out at my salary rating and the only way im gonna make more money is when he dies or my wife buys the business.

guess my real question is, should i take the risk of driving 35 minutes to work, 35 minutes home have no real lunch break, work outside in 100 degree days or 30 degree temperature and possibly not like the new job at all just for the extra pay and potential at getting my foot into the petroleum industry.

I realize its my own decision, just trying to see what other people might do. This thing keeps stressing me out at night...

Sorry I didn't mean to infer that you were bitching just throwing in my 2cents on the above comment.

Personally unless I'm doing something for the greater good of humanity getting me to work for 25k a year would be damned impossible. But I have education and experience in the industry I work so thats a whole nother story.

Personally I don't think working for your fil will be in your favor in the long run. I have a few friends who are doing it right now and basically in your position it sucks knowing you probably won't be getting anywhere in your position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom