Joe Biden? I feel better already.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this committee the president is setting up. I haven't heard who else is on it yet, but as we all know Joe Biden in leading it. I'm starting to look at it a little differently, I hope I'm right. Follow me...

... Joe Biden is a buffoon. Everybody knows it. Even his own party elite. He's like the embarrassing cousin everybody ignore at family get togethers because... well, his behavior is embarrassing. Rarely is it mentioned, but he is a bumbling buffoon who has been entrusted with nothing. Look back. What have they ever had him do? Give a couple high level speeches? He goofed up a couple of those even. It's gotten to where they don't let him open his mouth in public. Look at the election debate. He was the very definition of bumbling, court jester buffoon. It was literally embarrassing to watch and I don't even like the guy. So the president put him in charge of this supposed important committee about gun violence and solving it? One of the most complicated and potentially explosive and damaging issues facing any political party? It's like letting a child play with a bottle of gasoline and a lit torch. My point is, maybe the president and his advisory team doesn't want much to be accomplished. Or maybe the outcome of this committee will be so ridiculous it will be shot down by multiple interests (including the general citizenry) then the president can shrug and say he tried.

.... Another thought. I've watch the government and worked for the government for 3 to 4 decades now. If a very big, very hot issues jumps up and no one really wants to touch it the first thing they do is form a committee. That gives the illusion something is being done when really nothing is being done anytime soon. Works every time. It buys time and lets things calm down. You can hold a committee for as long as you like and give the impression you are really working hard to try to accomplish something, when really it's a dozen or so people getting together for an hour or so a couple times a week.

I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe there is a chance that a few months from now maybe the only thing to happen will be the reinstatement of the AWB with another 10 year sunset clause. One thing's for sure, next time the NRA calls I think I'll actually contribute extra. Think I'd better write my congressman and senator, maybe the Whitehouse too.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
The committee is just a sham. Cthulhu only knows how many different draconian gun control bills are already in print just waiting for the right time to be introduced.
I suspect the committee will make a big show of listening to all sides then introduce at least two different bills, one in the house, one in the senate. Anyone who opposes them will be labeled a child murderer.

diabjoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar line of thought upon learning that Joe Biden would be leading the committee. It does seem like it'd be a good way to solve an issue you don't really care about, form a committee that will beat the ideas around forever without solving anything and put someone important sounding in charge, who is in all actuality a buffoon. Sounds like a plausible theory to me.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. I even read yesterday that some in the gun ban crowd were not real happy about it, so that made me feel a little better. Still, I think something will happen, I just wonder what...

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joe Biden is no buffoon. He has been a Washington fixture for years. Only lately has he been 'Uncle Joe the buffoon' and only when it serves a role for him to play it. Like him or not he does have power in DC

Like others, I think the committee is for show the ink has been dry on various gun bans for a while now and they are going to try to shove the most restrictive thing they think they can down our throats.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Joe Biden actually helped write the bill ( according to him) that included the AWB that was put in place in 1994.

He may be a buffoon, but he is still dangerous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom