Judge orders stunning action after councilman called ‘turd’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately under Federal law (the Lautenberg amendment), that's how quickly and easily your right to bear arms can be taken from you. All it takes is a restraining order, which can be obtained ex parte (that means without you being able to be present to defend yourself), and can be granted based on some pretty slim facts, as in this case.

kar15ma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if you can explain this to me, but I am under the impression that your 2nd Amendment rights can be restricted by a restraining order as in US vs Emerson in Texas. But only for a domestic violence restraining order, as in the case with Mr. Emerson it was a domestic violence restraining order, because it was obtained by his wife. Correct me if I wrong but just having a restraining order placed upon you does not exempt you from your 2nd Amendment rights.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if you can explain this to me, but I am under the impression that your 2nd Amendment rights can be restricted by a restraining order as in US vs Emerson in Texas. But only for a domestic violence restraining order, as in the case with Mr. Emerson it was a domestic violence restraining order, because it was obtained by his wife. Correct me if I wrong but just having a restraining order placed upon you does not exempt you from your 2nd Amendment rights.
I'm not sure in theory, but in practice...yeah....it can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom