Judge Rules In Favor of Man Who Shot Down Drone for Hovering in Backyard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, when a news helicopter hovers over your land while broadcasting a house fire in your area, do we get to shoot at that? Police helicopter, while trying to located a suspect, hovers over your land, do we get to play cop-skeet? Drone 30' over your land? 300'? 1000'? Where's the line? In this case, I would have shot it down, no doubt.

Last edited:

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
500' is the line drawn by the .gov The problem with shooting into the air is, it's probably illegal in a lot of places. I'm actually surprised that he didn't get convicted for that.

Btw, if the numbskull had just stayed on public property, like a road, and shot (photographed) into their property, there would be no issue. That would be totally within his rights. I'm not saying I agree with it. But that's the law. You have no expectation of privacy while you're outside.

Don't string me up. I'm only saying this as an ex-commercial photographer. I'm not defending the perv.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom