Judge Rules In Favor of Man Who Shot Down Drone for Hovering in Backyard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, when a news helicopter hovers over your land while broadcasting a house fire in your area, do we get to shoot at that? Police helicopter, while trying to located a suspect, hovers over your land, do we get to play cop-skeet? Drone 30' over your land? 300'? 1000'? Where's the line? In this case, I would have shot it down, no doubt.

Ace, normally I understand where you are coming from. But you've gotta quit using the slippery slope argument as your crutch (or at the very least, stir the pot). You seriously think that because someone shoots down a piece of electronics, they are going to graduate to shooting down aircraft piloted by people?!

I promise the entire reason the guy did shoot the quad was because he KNEW the maximum loss for the owner couldn't have been more than a few hundred dollars, and regardless of the amount, would have been purely monetary. The same cannot be said for an aircraft carrying people.

In any case, he DID discharge a firearm in city limits IIRC. But I'm inclined to side with the judge on this one with a kind of "That's what you get" type of stance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom