Jury Duty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been selected for on-call duty twice; called at the appointed hour and found out I did not have to serve.

The last court contact, about 5 years ago, got me closer to actually having to trek to the court. But, I was first asked to submit answers to a survey. I think it was written by the defense lawyer. Things like work history (retired Army); what I think of the US Border Patrol (gave them a great review about enforcing rules to protect our border). I forget how I received feedback about being dis-invited, but it put a smile on my face 😁

KG5VW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found out the last time I was selected and dismissed that if you show a level of poise and fully and accurately answer the questions they ask you when selecting the pool that they will dismiss you. I got the impression they are looking for the least intelligent and most easily influenced minds to be jurors. Funny, since then I have never been called again to even report for selection. I think on the application questions it says these will be kept on file so I suspect both sides have access to them before the pool is selected.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think they have the wife and I in a Rolodex. She has served county twice. I have served county twice and federal once.
I’m thinking we’re due again. Hope I didn’t just jinx us…
I’m a ‘how things tick’ guy, so I kind of enjoy it. I’m weird like that.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can confirm. In my pool, they asked each jurors educational level as well. I answered masters degree & was dismissed along with a PhD & an engineer

Last edited:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can confirm. In my pool, they asked each jurors educational level as well. I answered masters degree & was dismissed along with a PhD & an engineer
I have been excused in the last two after they found out I was an engineer.

Education never came up in any of the other cases I was called to before this one.

I answered both questions yes plus volunteered additional info about my experiences just to be fair. They never blinked an eye or uttered any word or sound. Completely destroyed my theory on getting excused.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just had to vent.

I’m sitting here in week two of my jury duty. I’ve been moved to a different jury pool. Didn’t get selected, but we are all stuck here until the actual jury is seated.

Some dude sitting in front of me smells like he obviously hasn’t had a bath in a week or two. Clothes are dirty. Hair looks like bad carpet from the 70s. Has a new Obama phone. 😬

eta: Just noticed he has something organic growing on the side of his head behind his ear. 🤮🤮

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had to sit in front a jury twice.
I hope that didn't inhale sharply as badly as it could have. Either time. Since I grew up enough to realize I could actually wind up in prison if I didn't get at least a little smarter (not think I was smarter, but actually smarter) I have tried very hard to avoid situations that could have that result. Only court I've been in front of was traffic court. So far. But I'm young, so still gotta be careful!

Latest posts

Top Bottom