Jury recommends life in prison instead of death for Parkland shooter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion, life in prison would be a fate worse than death, but I sure hate to see tax dollars going to feed his sorry @ss for the rest of his life. :censored:

They say that more tax dollars are spent on trying to get the death penalty for someone than just giving that someone life in prison.

I’m sure there’s some fluctuation there though. Age of the criminal for example.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope the guy gets shanked. Speaking of life sentences...I think it would be better for society if someone sentenced without the possibility of parole, could still request the death sentence at any point. Doesn't matter how long you serve..

Get tired of it? Sign these papers in front of a judge and witnesses, and we'll take you out back and end it quickly and painlessly. Done. No more taxpayer burden. It would never work with the current prison industrial complex though. Private companies would never support such an option.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, life in prison would be a fate worse than death, but I sure hate to see tax dollars going to feed his sorry @ss for the rest of his life. :censored:
I have no problem with the sentence. It's probably cheaper to keep him in for life anyway.

And, this way there is no more publicity for the dirtbag. Lock him up and leave him.

No publicity hound lawyers crowing about his innocence every few years.

No expensive death penalty appeals.

With a little luck he'll be shanked in the chow line.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All it takes is one juror to start crying....

It's over at that point.

I saw a story saying the vote was 11-1 in favor of Old Sparky. Does FL still use the chair?

edit to add: Another, more recent story, is saying it was 9-3. One juror was "adamantly opposed" to the death penalty and two more joined her opposition.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All it takes is one juror to start crying....

It's over at that point.

I saw a story saying the vote was 11-1 in favor of Old Sparky. Does FL still use the chair?

edit to add: Another, more recent story, is saying it was 9-3. One juror was "adamantly opposed" to the death penalty and two more joined her opposition.

Jury nullification?

She should have never been seated on that jury or any jury where capital punishment was going to be considered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom