Jury recommends life in prison instead of death for Parkland shooter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
All it takes is one juror to start crying....

It's over at that point.

I saw a story saying the vote was 11-1 in favor of Old Sparky. Does FL still use the chair?

edit to add: Another, more recent story, is saying it was 9-3. One juror was "adamantly opposed" to the death penalty and two more joined her opposition.
If they were "adamantly opposed" now, they were "adamantly opposed" at jury selection and lied when they were asked if they could impose the death penalty when questioned during voir dire. I guarantee you every potential juror was asked that question then because every prosecutor in a murder trial will ask that at that time. So, they are just liars.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Jury nullification?

She should have never been seated on that jury or any jury where capital punishment was going to be considered.
I agree with you but there is no law that says that people who oppose the death penalty have to be rejected from the jury because of that.....or they are just liars.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jury nullification?

She should have never been seated on that jury or any jury where capital punishment was going to be considered.

If they were "adamantly opposed" now, they were "adamantly opposed" at jury selection and lied when they were asked if they could impose the death penalty when questioned during voir dire. I guarantee you every potential juror was asked that question then because every prosecutor in a murder trial will ask that at that time. So, they are just liars.

To be fair, the story I saw didn't specify if she was "adamantly opposed" in all cases, or just this particular case.

I'd agree; every jury is asked if they could consider the entire range of punishment. But they don't always tell the truth. Or, when faced with actually imposing a sentence, they get weak in the knees, so to speak.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Bad thing about this sentence. Some stupid mother****ing democrat(s) will release him in the future. I can almost guarantee it won't really be a life sentence.
That is probably right.

I really think he should be stoned by victims family members in a public place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom