just curious... Berlin wall, 25 years ago.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never made it to Berlin. We were a little busy watching the Fulda gap at the time bro. I do remember several German nationals trying to sell unsuspecting soldiers "pieces" of the wall around Giessen, which i am pretty certain were actually chucks of curbs liberated from local roads.

On a separate note since you are there now, a bottle of Giessener or Licher would be nice to bring back home for your big bro. Just sayin.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long Range Surveillance Detachment (LRSD) Dco 501st M.I.B., 1st AD. 1988-1991.

Katterbach Kasern, just east of Ansbach.

However I was probably in a school at the NATO ILRRP School down in Weingarten at the time.

Intell always watched the trains. If the soviets were not loading their trains with armor to push forward to stage an attack, they knew one was not going to happen.

Never made it to Berlin. Knew some guys that drove there when Pink Floyd played at the wall.

Our main places to go adventure were Nuremberg, Stuttgart, or Munich.

John64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was stationed in West Germany at the time. Me and six friends I worked with went to West Berlin one month before the wall came down. We took a short tour of East Berlin while we were there. Went back a two years later and it was very different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom