Coolest Antique (or other) Store Finds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife passed the antique store bug onto me when we met a few years ago and I've found a few neat items since. Just curious to see what interesting things you've all found while out at antique/surplus stores, flea markets, etc. Pictured is a few of my favorite finds, minus my top find, my wife's wedding ring.

The aluminum knuckledusters are made in Germany and the brass ones are US made WWII era supposedly. The dice are bone and bakelite, which I thought was cool to see. The barrel on the Crosman was added by me. It was all original when I found it, and even came with the box. Lastly, a Gerber Command II and a small Kershaw with interchangeable blades.
View attachment 358879
Great Gerber

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is the Mark II, IIRC - purchased it new in 1978 in Rogers AR.
I have a Mark 11 in stainless with black leather sheath I bought new in 1979-1980 at a place named House Of Tobacco in Shepherd Mall in OKC. Still have it. A friend was the store manager. They carried a big selection of Gerber knives. I’ve still got 5 or 6 Gerbers I purchased there in that time frame. A couple of Silver Knight pocket knives, still carry one often, best knive I’ve ever known.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a personalized thank you letter signed by Ike to a local guy who worked on the Manhattan Project. I wanted to get it but $750 was a little spendy for something I just thought was neat.
That's the thing with antique stores. Lots of neat stuff to see, not enough money to buy it all.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a Zwilling (Henkels) chef knife Friday in the junk knives bin at the local church resale shop for the outrageous price of .25cents because they are moving the store. Retail price. 149$

Got 7 others including a small 6" Wusthof to play around on the grinder with for a grand total of $2.19. I see a new bushcraft knife in my immediate future ;7)

Last edited:

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife passed the antique store bug onto me when we met a few years ago and I've found a few neat items since. Just curious to see what interesting things you've all found while out at antique/surplus stores, flea markets, etc. Pictured is a few of my favorite finds, minus my top find, my wife's wedding ring.

The aluminum knuckledusters are made in Germany and the brass ones are US made WWII era supposedly. The dice are bone and bakelite, which I thought was cool to see. The barrel on the Crosman was added by me. It was all original when I found it, and even came with the box. Lastly, a Gerber Command II and a small Kershaw with interchangeable blades.
View attachment 358879
Had to self report onto Goodwill's DVD Anonymous List....

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i can't stay away from good will auctions

iu

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 358879
"Lachmiller" priming and powder drop tools
don't know where I got them or what I'm gonna do with them??

the Priming tool does one at a time
have to change the case holder and press pin for different sizes

the powder drop has inserts to change the volume of powder dropped on each turn - the hopper is missing but a small wine bottle fits it just right

Attachments

• antuque.jpg
    antuque.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom