Just Found Out My Girlfriend May Have Cancer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Just been down this road. Its not fun for the patient or the family. Your all in it to support her. Good luck and She will be in my thoughts.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Focus on the positive side of things. They said MAY have cancer, not that she does. A positive attitude is half of the battle. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. I hope the tests do come back negative, for all involved. I had a pretty big scare when I was 22 right after my son was born, and the stress can be unimaginable.. Don't let the thought of something that is out of your control, and is not definite, control your lives. The stress from worrying about it can kill you quicker than anything.

Wish the best for you and yours. Keep your head up.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MD Anderson Hospital in Houston is well known as about the best cancer treatment facility in the world. My friends girlfriend got diagnosed with lung cancer right around Christmas and she is there right now.

Prayers sent. My next door neighbor got some type of blood cancer and the chose MD Anderson in Houston as well. They are world renowned in cancer treatment and he's in full remission.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm familiar with the Cancer Treatment Center here in Tulsa, have toured it a few times, and my next door neighbor works there. There's no doubt it's top notch and takes a very holistic approach to treatment. That said, CTCA is not usually the first line of approach and also, many insurance policies may not cover treatment there. Also, if she's going to AZ, there's also the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale for another top-notch medical facility but it also has insurance issues. For you, your job is just to be there and supportive in any way possible because that ton of bricks you felt was more like ten tons for her. Her parents are going to be in the driver's seat because she is still under their coverage so I'm sure they'll get well-read in by their insurance office on options and coverage. Expect the insurance to take a local oncologist approach initially and they may pay for second opinions/consultations.

so sorry to hear this, praying for you both, CTA is wonderful but like someone mentioned before not all insurance covers their care. If I had to pick anywhere it would be MD Anderson in Houston they saved my cousins life after everyone else gave up on her.

That is the situation we are running into, her parents are trying to bump up their insurance coverage to see if it will cover it. I'll definitely tell them to check out MD Anderson as well.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Praying for her and you, beast!

My oldest daughter was diagnosed w/Ovarian Cancer when she was 23 years old. Doctors told her she had 3 years to live. She went through 7-1/2 months of chemo treatments and that alone damn near killed her. I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE!

My wife and I were recently introduced to Essential Oils. They are amazing. The more I learn about them and use them - the more I believe in them. All essential oils are NOT the same. The quality due to everything from where they grow them, when the pick them, what part of the plant they come from and the process used to obtain them - all of this matters. Researchers have discovered cancer-killing properties of Frankincense Essential Oil in ovarian cancer. If you are interested, send me a pm with your email and I'll send you some more info. My wife has already told me she will never use chemo or radiation should she ever be diagnosed.

By the way...my daughter is 38 years old now! Praise God!

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will keep you both in my prayers. I have gone through this with my now ex wife. It's tough. Not only for her. I went through a range of emotions by being at her side. I'm sure you will too. Hoping for the best for you and her

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayers for y'all.
MD Anderson should be contacted immediately. Depending on the kind of cancer, and treatment options, they may be able to help if money is an issue, however, depending on the case, they will want first crack at her, and may not be able to give as much financial assistance if she has already started treatment. (went through this with them a few years ago with MIL)

Latest posts

Top Bottom