Just got a email that Hobby Lobby is closing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it says sincerely David Green at the bottom

Well, let's see....."David"......."Green"........

.......two very common names. You must have heard from "the other one."

I have a different opinion, but I may be biased because of my perception that there practices that precluded me from ever being anything other than a peon since I did not attend church with the managers family back when I worked for them. Closing the chain would not be because of some great moral stand rather it would just be fiscally more expedient for Green. One of the driving factors of my denial of God's existence for so many of my adult years was based on the hypocrisy I saw while working for Hobby Lobby. Due to my educational circumstances I had no choice but to go military when a non-grad slot opened, I was berated and belittled when I said that my slot had come open and I would only be there another 3 days, that was all the warning I had received. Though I didn't join the navy I never worked for them again, nor will I ever work for them again.

Just my frightfully biased .02

You are not the only person I know of to have had a less than Christian experience working for Hobby Lobby. All I can say is that is not unusual for closely-held family businesses ...

My youngest son worked in the Hobby Lobby warehouse for a while. His experience was not a pleasant one, but that had NOTHING to do with the ownership of the company. After all, they cannot be responsible for each and every person that is hired in their companies as supervisors or managers.

I don't shop a lot for yarn and unfinished wall decorations like some of you guys apparently do, but I understand that the Hobby Lobby empire is more than just stores scattered throughout the Midwest. They own several names, if I recall correctly without looking it up, and have plenty of money and power to keep their biggest name, Hobby Lobby, alive.

I didn't know about the furniture store, but I also hit Mardel's pretty often.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't shop a lot for yarn and unfinished wall decorations like some of you guys apparently do, but I understand that the Hobby Lobby empire is more than just stores scattered throughout the Midwest. They own several names, if I recall correctly without looking it up, and have plenty of money and power to keep their biggest name, Hobby Lobby, alive.

Duude, that place is da bomb when it comes to Christmas lights and junk. We seem to buy so many dang new lights every year, I swear we pay their electric bill for the entire month of December. . .

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you seen their warehouse and offices on 44th and Council? They don't appear to be going anywhere. I know several people who work in management out there and said there was no truth to this.

cusm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are not the only person I know of to have had a less than Christian experience working for Hobby Lobby. All I can say is that is not unusual for closely-held family businesses ...

My friend worked in the DC for 7+ years and I saw their hypocrisy as their "front" of being a Christian company that cares for their employees, so they are closed on Sunday to allow them to have the sabbath off. That is of course the employees that the public can see, the DC folks work 24/7, including Sundays, INCLUDING Easter Sunday. Thankfully there is nothing there I really need.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son worked in the Hobby Lobby warehouse for a while. His experience was not a pleasant one, but that had NOTHING to do with the ownership of the company. After all, they cannot be responsible for each and every person that is hired in their companies as supervisors or managers.

While typically I would agree with you, I've talked to enough people who have worked there or who still do work there to have formed the opinion that the ownership of the company looks the other way and doesn't really care how the supervisors and managers accomplish their goals, as long as their goals are met.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the multitude of e-mails saying yahoo messenger will be shut down or bill gates wants to give you and everyone you forward it on to a hundred dollar rebate for using windows.

The easiest way to figure out the truth is www.hobbylobby.com and if you want another nail in the coffin for this rumor http://www.hobbylobby.com/stores/ shows they have plans to open more stores in to 2014.

Latest posts

Top Bottom