Justice for Outsorcing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so as we all know "apparently" companies (Mcafee)can get so much more bang for their buck if they ship cust. service jobs over seas. My father in law is out of town on business and my mother in law has come down with strep and a touch of laringitius. The wife can't take off work because she is training her replacement, so I am the lucky volunteer that got to go to help her get to the dr and such. So back at her house and she is on the computer, when in a in a fit of mickey mouse squeeking rage I get handed the phone. Hello I asked stunned, to which an indian voice replied hello in a voice just as stunned, come to find out mcafee had auto debited her account and she didn't want the service, well with alittle effort I was able to communicate her wishes and I was able to get transfered to the appropriate dpt. to get this issue resolved.

Suprise suprise if the person I was transfered to wasn't indian too, which I am not racist I just can't hardly understand the operator on the other end. I start getting questions that I don't have the answers to so I put her phone on speaker and she starts replying to all the pertant information.. and now to the justice part, hardly able to speak and when she can speak it's in a squeaky high pitched almost inauadible tone I kept hearing the customer service operator ask (indian voice) "I'm terribally sorry madam could you please say that again, I did not understand you." To which she would respond "huh" in a super high pitched voice I had to step back and think. Isn't this ironic the people that can't be understood can't understand.

Maybe it's just me, I just thought it was pretty funny. If you didn't feel the same then shoot this is 5 miniutes of your life you'll never get back.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It always annoys the hell out of me when they put someone on the phone that can't speak passable English. Makes me want to remind them that I didn't pay for my product in rupees. :(

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to the post office, my car payment was late one month. I got a call from a gal with an Indian accent asking personal information about me without telling me who she was or what the call was about. The caller ID said "Blocked". I told her that there was no way I was giving any information about me to a person with a foreign accent and a caller blocked number. She then told me that she was from the finance company and wanted to know why my payment was late. I told her to talk to the post office about that cause it had been sent and hung up.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the "we need more jobs in America!", but so many jobs are outsourced to other countries...Makes sense right? I've had good and bad experiences with foreign customer service reps. Look up the scene from the tv show Outsourced where the Indian guy does accents for every region in the States, pretty funny stuff.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ask for someone that speaks English..... I get passed off a few times on occasion and eventually get someone that I can understand.... Or I ask for someone in the US.....
--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom