Kahr P380 or Sig P238, Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've decided to buy one of the two. I'm not to worried about the price because I feel like they are both great quality guns. Thinking that makes this a hard decision for me.

I like the Sig the best. The look, the feel of it in my hand, the feel of the trigger. But, I don't like the fact that it's single action only and you have to carry it with the trigger locked and the safety on.

I really like the Kahr and I like the fact that it is a double action only gun and all I need to do is pull it and squeeze if I get into trouble.

I've never carried before and I'm new to semi auto pistols.

So, does anyone have some good advice on which one to go with?

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the Kahr for the same reson you mention (DAO). It's a good little gun. It's never jammed in probably about 500-600 rounds. It's also more accurate than you would think with the Lothar Match Grade Barrel.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Kahr has been great so far. The P238 seems like a great little gun aswell, I just didn't see the point of a thumb safety on a "get off me gun."

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've (dry) fired both and both triggers were fantastic. The Sig's was a little notchy, but still good. And so far as double action triggers go, Kahrs sport some of the nicest I've tried.

jimktm520

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both guns have been given fine reviews by the gun media. I personally look for the lightest piece that will not drag down a pocket or "print" through the material. I agree with the majoritiy opinion on the Kahr as for a newbe, you cant beat pulling the trigger without worrying about doing something prior to that.

Reaction score
Both good - if tiny weight / size is at the highest premium, then Kahr. If shootability is at the highest premium, then Sig. I think you have a very good "short list". I have the Kahr, as it's the lightest for its purpose (carry while jogging & everyday SmartCarry).

Latest posts

Top Bottom