kahr PM or MK series?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a Kahr stainless 40 that was extremely accurate and reliable but too heavy to carry. I traded it at a pawn shop feeling guilty for dumping such an exceptional gun for a PM9. I liked the PM9 so much for its reliability that I bought a second on for one of my kids. The second proved just as good.

Side story. One day a guy I met at the range was shooting the .40 I traded in. He was bitching that it was the most inaccurate and unreliable POS ever. We didn't have ammo left to shoot it that day, later on I was told that he got rid of it. Makes me wonder.
Another side story. One of my sons had a Beretta PX4 and decided to sell it. I mentioned it at work and one of the guys bought it. A few days later he seemed unhappy, he said he got screwed, the PX4 was all over the paper, didn't like it.
We arranged to go to the range, something we have done many times. I shot his Beretta and I was having a good day, I got some phenomenal groups. I told him, that I agree, he got screwed and I am taking it back. He changed his mind on a dime. Now he likes it.
Sorry to waste your time with the stories, I think they are a good indication of the human factor involved.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Very true. I'm not a leet pro sniper assassin, as I'm just a lowly hobby shooter, but I can usually get decent groups out of a pistol. And I have yet to meet a handgun that is truly "all over the paper." It's always been one of two reasons, ammo or the trigger monkey.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kahr PM-9 and T-9. Both have been totally relaible with a wide variety of bullet shapes and weights. The Kahr PM-9 really surprised me with it's exceptional accuracy for such a short barreled pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom