Kansas City MO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean, if you can get over the fact that you're in the crazy state of Missouri, and are in a city with "Kansas" in the name of it, then I guess it's an allright place to visit. Took the family up a while back to hit legoland and do the Irish festival there and it was pretty nice.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always amusing to watch the responses to "where's the best BBQ?".
We liked Joe's. Q39 was alright but seemed overpriced. Liked Jack Stack.
There is a great Italian place across the tracks from Union Station call Lidia's. We love it but it is a little spendy.

We've not toured the WWI museum yet but it's on the list and comes highly recommended.

There is also a Holocaust exhibit at Union Stations till January. Hoping we can get there for that.

Lidia's Italian is great. I would bet we dined there at least 50 times. One of the best in Italian restaurants in the US.
St. Louis has some awesome home style Italian restaurants.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean, if you can get over the fact that you're in the crazy state of Missouri, and are in a city with "Kansas" in the name of it, then I guess it's an allright place to visit. Took the family up a while back to hit legoland and do the Irish festival there and it was pretty nice.
Depends what part of Kansas City you are in.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live here and my 2 cents:

- Arthur Bryant's is a dump and serves food to match.
- Q39 is our favorite. They have a new one, Q39 South at 11051 Antioch Rd, Overland Park, KS 66210. It is much bigger than the midtown one and none of the attitude that one came to have. Yes, it's more pricey than a Famous Dave's but no different than Jack Stack.
- Jack Stack would be our number 2 because it's good, closer than the others, and better side dishes (the best beans ever). They can be hit and miss with some BBQ items but I've learned to send it back if it's not up to par. They will make good on it.
- Joe's KC would be third. It's ALWAYS a long wait and a giant pain in the rear, but good BBQ if you like waiting a long time. Did I mention you'll have a long wait?

BTW, Kansas City, MO existed before the state of Kansas. It was the gateway to the Kansas territory, hence the name.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live here and my 2 cents:

- Arthur Bryant's is a dump and serves food to match.
- Q39 is our favorite. They have a new one, Q39 South at 11051 Antioch Rd, Overland Park, KS 66210. It is much bigger than the midtown one and none of the attitude that one came to have. Yes, it's more pricey than a Famous Dave's but no different than Jack Stack.
- Jack Stack would be our number 2 because it's good, closer than the others, and better side dishes (the best beans ever). They can be hit and miss with some BBQ items but I've learned to send it back if it's not up to par. They will make good on it.
- Joe's KC would be third. It's ALWAYS a long wait and a giant pain in the rear, but good BBQ if you like waiting a long time.

BTW, Kansas City, MO existed before the state of Kansas. It was the gateway to the Kansas territory, hence the name.
Actually, now that I think of it, aren't Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri two completely different cities? And the title of the thread does say Kansas City, MO so there's that....

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saturday and Sunday blues jam at Knuckleheads Saloon in east bottoms, Woodlot Bbq in Merriam, Breakfast at Cascones river market.
I lived in KC, armed commission private security for many years, be careful everywhere in KC metro

Latest posts

Top Bottom