Kentucky court clerk....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another multi-page thread where someone comes in calling practicing Christians anti-religious Athiests without citing examples (because there are none, read it twice). Throw in an insult towards the Imaginary Athiests' families, saddle up your high horse, and proclaim you're not reading general discussions anymore. But you can't. You can't stop because it satisfies something deep inside you to pretend you're being injured. Flop around like a Killdeer feigning a broken wing and fantasize about being the underdog, coming of the ropes with a knockout in the final round.

Munchausen Christianity.

This observation contains a profound truthism that explains many things not only in this thread, but others as well.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_nNxqHBL.gif

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how many check stands we will have to visit to checkout at Walmart.

Clerk: I'm sorry sir, but I am Catholic, I cannot sell you those condoms. Try register 6, but she is Muslim so you might have to go to register 10 to pay for the bacon and beer.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how many check stands we will have to visit to checkout at Walmart.

Clerk: I'm sorry sir, but I am Catholic, I cannot sell you those condoms. Try register 6, but she is Muslim so you might have to go to register 10 to pay for the bacon and beer.

Okay,that's pretty funny.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really do not like this situation, and agree with her to a certain extent, but: To me she was elected and hired (paid) to do the job description at that time she accepted the position. Now, the job description has changed beyond her control. She can make the choice to continue doing the job with the changed job description or ask for a transfer or find a new job. It is not up to her to define the job description no matter what her beliefs.

As a business owner, I defined the job description for my employees. My employees were paid by the "company" to do the job description I described the way I want it done. If I changed the job description, they have a choice, do it that way or be fired or quit and look for something that suits them better. Unfortunately me having an employee believing he should be able to go fishing EVERY Friday afternoon did not matter to me as the boss who was expecting him to be putting out a product on Friday afternoons. He had a choice to make. As the owner of the business trying to serve my customers, I had a choice to make. I see this as the same situation.

I operated this way with very good communications with my employees and I had several very long term employees, but some employees did not understand that the only purpose of me having a business was to serve our customers to produce positive bottom line. I would rather be fishing on Friday afternoons also during that time, but it was not in my job description.

Unfortunately the Government is the employer and has strange ways of changing the job description that needs to be defined by their boss, whether it be the politicians, legal mumbo jumbo whackos, or the voters, but that job description is not something that can be ignored by the employees and expect to keep their job for what ever reason.

JMO

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom