Kentucky court clerk....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This lady gets put in jail for following her religious beliefs.
Is that right when Muslim truck drivers have successfully sued their employers for being fired by refusing to haul alcohol in their trucks?

Something doesn't sound right about this.

Title 7 of the civil rights act says "both public and private employers have a duty to exempt religious employees from generally applicable work force rules so long as it will not create an undue hardship. It applies to public and private employees.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no parallel between this case and Muslim truckers. There is, arguably, a reasonable accommodation in scheduling a booze load with another driver (unless of course booze is all they haul). In the case of a court clerk, who refuses to do her job AND refuses to allow anyone else in the clerk's office to do it, there is no reasonable accommodation....other than firing her dumb ass.

Holding this chick up as proof of religous persecution just shows how stupid some people are.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it funny how her war on homosexuals is being spun as a war on religion by some.

Dennis, see where it says creates undue hardships? Yeah, her job is to issue marriage licenses, to accommodate her beliefs the county must elect a second clerk. That seems like a bit of a hardship, does it not?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This whole thing is a bunch of theater. If she was so morally outraged, and really felt convicted about not issuing licenses, she should quit. She is a servant of the State, period. The Feds dictate what the states may do - we lost that argument in 1865. (had lots of great ramifications, didn't it?)
Does an armed city worker have to enforce unjust laws? Yes, and he may disagree with them, but it boils down to choosing to serve the State and take the silver, or quit, and let someone not so sensitive to such issues go about enforcing them.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her attorney indicated yesterday she would continue to interfere with issuing licenses to same sex couples when she returns to the job.
I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up back in jail.
The victim card is so much easier played there.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Her attorney indicated yesterday she would continue to interfere with issuing licenses to same sex couples when she returns to the job.
I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up back in jail.
The victim card is so much easier played there.

Hey, man, that "civil disobedience" going to jail thing has worked before, why not now? "I'm a victim, look at me!"

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ted Cruz was there when she was released yesterday but you wouldn't know it from the news coverage.
A Huckabee aid body blocked him from the stage.

Ted-Cruz-vs-Huckabee-staffer-on-090815-410x220.jpg

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/te...ide-blocks-him-from-media-at-kim-davis-rally/

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only got through the first 10 pages of shenanigans; did anyone point out she's a registered Democrat?

For the legal beagles, would the same sediments apply to elected sheriffs who refuse to issue; i.e. Washington Dc, let's get him arrested too.

Then we can go after the mayors of "sanctuary cities" refusing to follow federal law...

How about a recent Sec State clearly violating federal laws? Can we at least get her in cuffs?

Looks like the slope is steep and slippery. And interestingly, filled with democrats.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom