Ketamine Infusion Therapy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ... In the never-ending quest to get some semblance of a normal life back, my pain management doctor has suggested we try ketamine infusion therapy -- 2 sessions a week for 3 weeks running.

I dunno anything about this stuff except my dad used it on large animals. And apparently it is helpful for folks with depression and PTSD issues (so truth be told it probably isn't gonna hurt me none either) ...

Any of you guys have any first-hand experience with this stuff?? (If you don't want to share with everybody a PM would be appreciated -- I won't share ...

Just a little nervous about this ... Weird, huh?? All the crap they've done to me over the last 2 years and THIS is what makes me nervous ... Lol 🤷🤦

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the hell is this ketchup infusion therapy? I loves me, I say I loves me some ketchup. Why hell, when I was just a little snek I had ketchup sammiches for lunch. Now they're trying to inject it?
Oh hell, I say oh hell no. I'll eat it, step away son ya bother me, I say I'll eat ma own ketchup if you please.

I have no frikkin idea what Ketamine is or does, just thought you might have needed a chuckle.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No experience with it... Assuming it works, what's the long-term plan. Is this something you'll do from now on?

The nurse who set up my appointments said we'd do this first round and in 3 months see where I am.

I've read that it "rewires" the way your brain "reads" pain signals. Something about after your brain has been bombarded with pain impulses (like in chronic pain patients) it starts to "read" every signal as a pain signal.

I've also read that for those it works for they only need one or two rounds of sessions ...

All I know is everything they've tried surgically has failed. Not only that but botox used to work on my migraines and now it's not ... The docs have told me they don't know why that is ... But then they don't know why about a lot of things when it comes to me. 🤦🤷

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ... In the never-ending quest to get some semblance of a normal life back, my pain management doctor has suggested we try ketamine infusion therapy -- 2 sessions a week for 3 weeks running.

I dunno anything about this stuff except my dad used it on large animals. And apparently it is helpful for folks with depression and PTSD issues (so truth be told it probably isn't gonna hurt me none either) ...

Any of you guys have any first-hand experience with this stuff?? (If you don't want to share with everybody a PM would be appreciated -- I won't share ...

Just a little nervous about this ... Weird, huh?? All the crap they've done to me over the last 2 years and THIS is what makes me nervous ... Lol 🤷🤦
Sweetheart, are you that depressed? I looked it up and it shows it is mostly to combat suicidal tendencies. I thought you disposed of that tree that waylaid you?

torment

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been shown to improve depression and some pain issues like RSD. Usually 50mg over an hour so it's sub-anesthetic but will provide mild euphoria and analgesia. Infusion therapy requires multiple treatments over a specific period of time for effect with duration depending on what its been prescribed for.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been shown to improve depression and some pain issues like RSD. Usually 50mg over an hour so it's sub-anesthetic but will provide mild euphoria and analgesia. Infusion therapy requires multiple treatments over a specific period of time for effect with duration depending on what its been prescribed for.

Well I could use a little euphoria in my life. 😁 But I suspect they are hoping to cut my medications eventually -- which would be fine with me. I'm tired of chewing on pain pills -- both OTC and prescription 24/7.

Latest posts

Top Bottom