Ketamine Infusion Therapy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am game to try anything not in suppository form. I say go for it., Worse that can happen is it does not work.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am game to try anything not in suppository form. I say go for it., Worse that can happen is it does not work.
Oh where is your sense of adventure?

1673678137961.png

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl just something to ponder on if you haven't already.

Bare with me I don't know the medical terms for what was done but I'm pretty sure you and others here do.

One buddy of mine fought bad shingles pain for quite awhile and finally his doc referred him to another doc that worked out of Mercy Hosp. and they put him under and they ran wires here and there under his skin that were attached to a box, which was also sewn under his skin, that gave him pain relief.

The wife of another fella I know had pretty much the same thing done to her after she crashed on a motorcycle and was having terrible back pain......the implant gave her relief also.

Edit; looks like it's called a------> Spinal Cord Stimulator

scs.jpg

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we twins? This happened AFTER my shoulder surgery. The Pain doctor and PT doctor had a 3 inch notebook on me. The swelling in that right hand took over a year to go down but it took months of me hanging my arm and PT people wringing my hand and arm like in an old time wringer washer. I could feel the fluids draining and entering my lymph nodes. The next day I had to camp on the toilet.

My RSD and Complex RPS is still present and could have been the trigger to my shingles last year. I have tried the ganglion injection and that lasted about 1 hour. It was supposed to be 24.
View attachment 338727View attachment 338726View attachment 338725View attachment 338723View attachment 338724

Well I don't mind one bit letting you know how it goes. Several guys (I'm surprised at just how many folks in this one little community have had pain issues bad enough to have experience with ketamine) sent me PMs describing their experience or a loved one's experience and I have to say I'm actually very optimistic now instead of a "well it's one more thing we can do that's not gonna work but I need to try" kinda thing ...

I'll go to my appointments, do what Grumpy tells me to do, and see how it goes. And I'll keep you posted.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl I can give you a ride home and even let you choose the radio channel if you have a buzz going.

Ohhhh thank you!! That is so sweet -- I think we've got all that covered for now. (Grumpy says he actually looking forward to me just zoning out -- 😳😳😳 -- and being quiet 😳😳😳😳 "for a change" ... 🤦🤷🤷🤷

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl just something to ponder on if you haven't already.

Bare with me I don't know the medical terms for what was done but I'm pretty sure you and others here do.

One buddy of mine fought bad shingles pain for quite awhile and finally his doc referred him to another doc that worked out of Mercy Hosp. and they put him under and they ran wires here and there under his skin that were attached to a box, which was also sewn under his skin, that gave him pain relief.

The wife of another fella I know had pretty much the same thing done to her after she crashed on a motorcycle and was having terrible back pain......the implant gave her relief also.

Edit; looks like it's called a------> Spinal Cord Stimulator

View attachment 338854

I have visited with Dr. Nuygen about that and he wants to do "several" more surgeries on me before we get there. I dunno -- these surgeries do help but they don't last near as long as he seems to think they should and I don't like being under general anesthesia so much. I just feel like that can't be good for me. Not to mention, like I said, he seems to be "overselling" the amount of relief I can realistically expect from his procedures.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we twins? This happened AFTER my shoulder surgery. The Pain doctor and PT doctor had a 3 inch notebook on me. The swelling in that right hand took over a year to go down but it took months of me hanging my arm and PT people wringing my hand and arm like in an old time wringer washer. I could feel the fluids draining and entering my lymph nodes. The next day I had to camp on the toilet.

My RSD and Complex RPS is still present and could have been the trigger to my shingles last year. I have tried the ganglion injection and that lasted about 1 hour. It was supposed to be 24.
View attachment 338727View attachment 338726View attachment 338725View attachment 338723View attachment 338724
I've had swelling like that and my Dr. Took me off one of my BP meds, amlodipine. That's my calf and ankle.
Screenshot_20230114_141548_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230114_141557_Photos.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom