Keystone Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The water is never clear, but it's the best lake in the state for paddlefish
Yeah, just a year or three ago, they were setting record after record on paddlefish--it seems like they set three or four records in the span of two or three months. Outdoor Oklahoma ran a segment on it at the time. I want to say it was late '19 and early '20, not long before the Rona Times.

ETA: they ran it in '21:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keystone water quality isn't nearly as good as Tenkiller (I think Skiatook is best in this region). However, Keystone has been on absolute fire for paddlefish, white bass/stripers/hybrids and crappie if you like to fish. I can't speak to amenities as all I ever use are the ramps.
It’s on fire from all the fish that get washed downstream from Kaw lake during spring flooding season. :cry11:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same in the off road area at Kaw. Some knarley rough terrain, then rip down the beach in the shallow water to make a spray and cool off. We have a pretty nice beach race track there as well during normal lake levels. When the lake goes to flood stage, it creates a new smooth beach to start another track on when water levels recede.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, just a year or three ago, they were setting record after record on paddlefish--it seems like they set three or four records in the span of two or three months. Outdoor Oklahoma ran a segment on it at the time. I want to say it was late '19 and early '20, not long before the Rona Times.

ETA: they ran it in '21:

The new live scope technology is making that happen with the paddlefish. The folks that know how to use it can just about pick out the fish they want to keep.
I’m learning it as we speak.

Latest posts

Top Bottom