Kids Spring Breaking in Beaver Bend area - Any Outdoor Rec. Shooting areas nearby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierced Armor

New to the site!
Reaction score
My sister asked me the other day what I was doing for Spring Break? Well my Daytona and Padre Island days are long gone. But, now I have a son and daughter I have to think about. Day care for the week or take a few days off work and head north over the Red River?

Since my sister's initial question, we've decided to rent a cabin in the Beaver Bend area off of Broken Bow Lake. I spent a lot of time when I was a kid at Broken Bow lake and as an adult, did a lot of SCUBA there. My sister picked the cabins as she's stayed there before, so she could personally vouch for the accommodations.

Since we'll be staying in, what I believe to be Beaver Bend State Park is there any place near by that I could take a few shotguns and .22lr rifles and let the kids pop off a few rounds? It could be a great learning opportunity for the kids, as far as gun safety and just a lot of fun creating some everlasting memories. When I was a kid, you could drive a few miles out of town find you a creek bottom and have a blast as long as you were aware of your backdrops (most importantly, don't shoot the neighbor's cows :yikes2: ). Miss those days! I'm not looking for a range atomsphere either, as we've got plenty of opportunities for that at home. You guys no what I'm talking about! I figured Oklahoma would be the perfect place to find such a place (fingers crossed). I see hunting and fishing ads on the various area websites, but no information on specific hunting places, where recreational shooters might also be allowed. Am I wrong in assuming that such activities are forbidden in State Parks? Any places near Beaver Bend for such activities?

Appreciate any feedback you all can offer or any other fun family type activities in the nearby area. Big Thanks in advance.

(sorry my post became a small book) :blush:

PA

Latest posts

Top Bottom