Kimber TFS SOC review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tripp and Wilson are GTG, I've personally never had issues with CMC mags but some have issues with the followers? Tripp has a rebuild kit for them that turns them into a great mag. Stock Kimber mags are trash.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend, the one that has the Kimber just like mine and why I bought mine, uses the CM's. He has the 10 rounder and has never had any problems with them.
Too darn cold to shoot outside today but met him at his range and ran some rounds with the CM through mine.
No issues at all. Still wanting the wilson combat but might pick up one of these to try out.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 10 round CMC that works great in my Colt Series 70 repro. Both of the factory 7 round mags fail on round 6 ( and sometimes also round 7), driving the front of the bullet high of the chamber. I need to try out some Wilson and Tripp.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 10 round CMC that works great in my Colt Series 70 repro. Both of the factory 7 round mags fail on round 6 ( and sometimes also round 7), driving the front of the bullet high of the chamber. I need to try out some Wilson and Tripp.
There are some "tuning" specs one can see online that describe how to tune the mag lips to factory specs, but your problem with mid range
issues is really interesting. Can't say I've ever seen that.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some "tuning" specs one can see online that describe how to tune the mag lips to factory specs, but your problem with mid range
issues is really interesting. Can't say I've ever seen that.

Never seen it either though I have read about it once. That poster never reports back but others speculated ejector issues or magazine. A different magazine fixed mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom