kns pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what is the story on these. I know what they do, etc, But of several years in the infantry and armorers school, plus many years owning ar rifles. I have never heard of a pin backing out? are they just another cool add on or is there some sort of need I have never heard of?

I guess if one persons pin backs out there is a need, but for a god forsaken $30 set of pins?

Are they for lowers that are a bit whollered out, now that might make sense.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. A $30 ounce of protection for a rifle that you may have thousands invested in seems like a good idea to me.

I agree but have a question. Does the military use them in M16's? Probably not??? I would think that an M16 in combat is run much harder than any of our AR's.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you, and that's exactly what I said in EZ-Bake's thread. I've got a set on my SBR, but none of my other ARs have them.

Thanks, but their purpose is to keep the pins from rotating and "stretching" the pin holes rather than keep the pins from walking, right?

btw - I have a set on order for my AR.

I'm a handgun guy, new to AR's so excuse my ignorance. It's easier to ask a dumb question here than on the "big AR board".

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the military M4's or civilian AR's, it's not an issue. Lowers are less than $200 and the odds of ovaling the pin holes with a semi-auto are slim.

If you have over 10K invested in a registered full auto, they're pretty much mandatory. There have been cases where FA's fired a lot have had pin holes ovalled.

I have them on my RR M16, but nothing else.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trigger pins break all the time. If you run .22 lr or 9mm the chances are greater. It's worth the investment imo.

have never seen a broken trigger pin in my life, but most my experiance has been with military colt m-16s. They may have a different spec or hardness as what is available on the civilian market.

btw, why would a 9 or .22 rifle wear the trigger pin anymore than anything else?

Latest posts

Top Bottom