kns pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks thats what I was curious about. btw, as far as those pins rotating, thinking back over this very old design, wouldn't it make more sense to have a rotating pin than an internal part wearing out. Never had an m-16 have a hole waller out either. Guess I am playing devils advocate here, but just trying to figure out why if not a .22 or 9. granted they do look cooler, do they have a kns pin for the sear on the nfa guns?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks thats what I was curious about. btw, as far as those pins rotating, thinking back over this very old design, wouldn't it make more sense to have a rotating pin than an internal part wearing out. Never had an m-16 have a hole waller out either. Guess I am playing devils advocate here, but just trying to figure out why if not a .22 or 9. granted they do look cooler, do they have a kns pin for the sear on the nfa guns?

KNS does make anti-rotate Sear pins, and semi-autos don't need them obviously, but they're there for full-autos should folks want the extra protection.

What I was told when I asked was that the major point of going with over-sized or precision pins was to give a better mechanical precision on the hammer and a more stable solid trigger feel (as well as rotation prevention - which ends up not being nearly the issue that I originally thought it would be when I started this latest build).

I ordered them anyways, but I run a .22 kit and plan on competing with this rifle - and who knows, it might make it into a 9mm at some point.

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had the trigger pin walk out of my SP1 many years ago and it pretty much started slam firing
it hadn't been taken very good care of by it's previous owner, the trigger and hammer pin holes were wallowed some, and by the fact it had a full M16 trigger group in it meant he probably ran it full tilt quite often
i bought one of the early pin sets that had the "E" clips on one end

ssgrock...........yes they do make a sear pin set for the NFA guys

Latest posts

Top Bottom